We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 53 Posts
    I am having some issues and would very grateful of any help.

I can go through the installation process fine, but when I try to create an article I am greeted with a blank white page. I have tried un-installing & installing all packages, running the modx update again via /setup and clearing the cache/sessions.

I can create the article in quick create, but I get the same issue when I try to open and edit it.

At one point I wasn't getting a blank page, instead I was seeing part of the template variable options as if I were editing a page that hadn't loaded properly in the back-end.

If it is of any importance I am editing the site via http://ip.address/~site/ ?

If I look in the error log then I find a lot of this line:

[2011-12-21 15:17:12] (ERROR @ /home/fmbus/public_html/manager/min/lib/Minify/Controller/MinApp.php : 138) PHP warning: realpath() [<a href='function.realpath'>function.realpath</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/local/apache/htdocs) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp/:/usr/bin/:/usr/local/bin/)

Though I shouldn;t think that this is the cause as all other extras etc are working correctly.

Thank-you for any help.

ISSUE RESOLVED
    It's actually a problem with Google minify, the JS/CSS compressor used in the manager, and something we're working on for 2.2-pl. For now, you can just turn off CSS/JS compression and that will fix the issue (turn off compress_css and compress_js system settings).
    [ed. note: scorchsoft last edited this post 12 years, 4 months ago.]
      • 53 Posts
      Interesting. If I install gallery then I no longer see a blank page and I instead see this:
      http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/3880/capturetiq.jpg
        • 4,149 Posts
        Turn off open_basedir.
          shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
          • 53 Posts
          Hi spittingred. Side point: Thank you for all of your excellent plugins, you have personally made Modx development a smoother process.

If I add
          open_basedir = false
          to a php.ini file and put it it public_html then I get this error:

Fatal error: Class 'PDO' not found in /home/fmbus/public_html/core/model/modx/modx.class.php on line 435

The back end works fine without error except for articles.

The hosting is reseller virtual hosting, so I don't think I have access to turn open_basedir off via WHM or http.conf

• 53 Posts
            I'm getting onto the server guys now. I Will let you know the score.
              • 53 Posts
              Response from them:

"Hi Andrew,

It is not possible to have this restiction relaxed, this is in place to protect our servers and users accounts."

Is there any way we can get around this. I was excited about using this new feature, it would be a shame to have to implement a blog the old way instead.
              • Could you try using: http://tips-scripts.com/php_ini to create the custom php.ini file?
                  Patrick | Server Wrangler
                  About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
                  • 53 Posts
                  Thanks for your input AMDbuilder, though it doesn't make a difference now, as this is on a virtual server I am not able to change the open_basedir variable.

I have updated articles to v1.4.0 and in doing so I notice that I get the following error on upgrade (if it is of significance)

xPDOVehicle validator failed: type php (/home/fmbus/public_html/core/packages/articles-1.4.0-pl/xPDOTransportVehicle/3f9e5f8528f9e4505d75bf749ca74cfb.validate.archivist.validator)

Could not validate vehicle: Array
                  (
                  [license] => GNU GENER ... ...

The exact output is attached.

Spittingred: I would imagine that this scenario is going to be a frequent issue for people on reseller hosting (if it is open_basedir causing the issue). Is the plug-in able to be reworked in a way that doesn't require it?
                    • 4,149 Posts
                    It's actually a problem with Google minify, the JS/CSS compressor used in the manager, and something we're working on for 2.2-pl. For now, you can just turn off CSS/JS compression and that will fix the issue (turn off compress_css and compress_js system settings).
                      shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
                      • 53 Posts
                      Yes! You sir are a genius, a very helpful genius.

This may have been the source of some other issues I was having in another thread, I can't verify this though as I've just done a complete wipe and start again.