We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 239 Posts
    Quote from: R.S. at Nov 18, 2005, 08:42 PM

Op verzoek hoe de NL vertaling er voor stond heb ik de file hierboven gedownload, maar het lijkt er verdacht veel op dat het de vertaling is van Zen Cart?

Ik kan in elk geval niks terug vinden van modx lang files smiley

Kan ook een bug zijn van het uitpak progamma hoor, je weet maar nooit hehe...
    Bij mij ziet het bestand er OK uit. Je hebt toch het bestand uit de eerste post gedownload?

Iemand een idee hoe we het werk makkelijk kunnen verdelen?

• 125 Posts
      Hmm, op deze computer werkt het wel.
      Vreemd hoor, dan heb ik zeker een map met dezelfde naam met de Zen Cart vertaling erin tongue

De vertaling is nogal omslachtig geloof ik, tenminste als het niet veranderd is in het laatste jaar.

Lijkt me een goed idee om de vertaling makkelijker voor elkaar te krijgen, bijv. via een webinterface, waarbij alleen de nog niet vertaalde of veranderde text te zien is.
      Geen idee of dat moeilijk te realiseren is, maar het zou het vertaalwerk aanzienlijk makkelijker maken....
      Heb ooit een poging gedaan om de vertaling bij te werken, maar ben er gelijk weer mee gestopt omdat het zo vreselijk omslachtig is...

Helaas ben ik niet zo goed in vertalen, en heb eigenlijk ook geen tijd....

Misschien een idee om dit aan te kaarten in Generall Discussion?

Remon
      • Did anyone ever make progress with the language file update to use the new default template file? I’d like to get it into the next 0.9.1 release as a default option, but that’s only really a few hours away...
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 93 Posts
          Won’t make it in a couple of hours wink Hope someone did make progess. If not I’ll be happy to split the work with Mitch for the next release.
          • FYI, when I did this for the French file it actually went pretty quick. You simple make a careful comparison of the two files to make sure the appropriate lines have been deleted or commented out based on the $_lang definition, then update the header comments and add a few translations at the bottom.

All in all I think it shouldn’t take all that long, maybe an hour...

You can easily double check the work by loading a copy into a manager and making sure there’s no language warnings that pop up in the main page after you login.
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 93 Posts
              Good to know! I’ll give it a go. Since MODX is on opensourcecms.com I don’t have a recent MODX installation anymore. My production sites are still running TP3. Waiting for the 1.0 update wink

Give me a little more than an hour to check the translation and setup 0.9.1 here. It’s a 1000 lines I see...

Get back to you soon.
              • Here is the duplicates-removed and English added  updated template. Please update the header, line 687 and lines 850 and on.  No warning messages with it!
                • Quote from: theo at Dec 22, 2005, 03:18 PM
                  My production sites are still running TP3. Waiting for the 1.0 update wink
                  That’s a really bad call actually as there’s been lots fixed in 0.9.0 and definitely in 0.9.1. You’ll probably be waiting for 6-12 months for a 1.0. The TP series were considered tech previews and teh 0.9.0 was our first production release (with over 6500 downloads to date!)
                    • 93 Posts

That’s a really bad call actually as there’s been lots fixed in 0.9.0 and definitely in 0.9.1. You’ll probably be waiting for 6-12 months for a 1.0. The TP series were considered tech previews and teh 0.9.0 was our first production release (with over 6500 downloads to date!)

Also good to know! I find it always hard to decide on when to migrate to a new release. I heavily rely on TV’s. I’m sort of waiting with an update until there’s a newer API and better TV support in default snippets. That would make it worth for me. There are many improvements but TP3 proved itsself stable the way I use it!
                    • The TP-series were pretty stable, that’s for sure ... wink

0.9.1, especially when considered on top of the other fixes in 0.9.0, contains enough fixes to more than merit upgrades though. Not to mention all the very cool QuickEdit and RTE udpates. It should run faster too since many (if not all) error/warning messages were totally eliminated that were hidden by the code ignoring warning messages explicitly.