We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,193 Posts
    This is an auto-generated support/comment thread for WebLoginPE.

WebLoginPE Demo Site: Check it out!

Change Log:
    Online Documentation.

09/13/2007 v. 1.3.0
       1. New Parameter: &disableServices which will accept a comma separated list of services to disable. You can disable individual services like "deleteprofile" and "viewprofile" as well as entire types like "register" and "users".
       2. New Parameter: &prefixTable If your custom table does not use the MODx table prefix, you can use &prefixTable=`0` (default is 1).
       3. New Parameter: &usersList lets you specify multiple lists of users and a format for each list on &type=`users` and &type=`manager`.
       4. New Parameter: &tableCheck When you run WebLoginPE, it checks for the existence of the extra user attributes table and creates it if it does not exist. In 1.3.0 it also creates some new Web Access Service Events for plugins if they do not already exist. By setting &tableCheck to 0 (default is 1) you can skip these checks for a little speed bump.
       5. New Type: &type=`manager` displays a list of web users with links to edit their profile or delete their profile. Definitely use Access Permissions on this page!
       6. Added MODx System Events for most services. See the API documentation for full details.
       7. Print CSS by Dimitri Hilverda (Dimmy) added to documentation

09/02/2007 v. 1.2.0
       1. WebLoginPE will now function under PHP4. No functions or services were lost.
       2. Case insensitive login.
       3. Added &type=`users` to view all web users and individual user profiles.
       4. Added form input confirmation by with the use of name="inputname.confirm".
       5. WebLoginPE messages/errors are now templateable and set in a placeholder so you can display them anywhere on your page or in your forms.
       6. email address are verified against a simple regular expression to see if they match a standard email address format.
       7. New parameter &inputHandler for super-fine control of your form's <select>, <select multiple>, <input type="radio" /> and <input type="checkbox" /> form elements.

08/23/2007 v. 1.1.1
    No new features added in this point release, but many changes to accommodate the atrocity that is Internet Explorer have been made. I have tested this release extensively on IE 5, 5.5, and 6 (using IEs4Linux on Ubuntu Feisty) and found it to be fully functional on all major browsers.

08/23/2007 v. 1.1
       1. Added parameter &pruneDays to specify number of days to wait before deleting non-activated user accounts (users who have registered but never logged in).
       2. Modified &regRequired to eliminate the need for the &captcha parameter.
       3. &captcha is now depreciated.
       4. Added extended user profile fields with the parameter &customFields.
       5. Extended profile table defaults to `web_user_attributes_extended`, but can be overridden with the &customTable parameter.
       6. Added parameter &regSuccessId to redirect after successful registration.
       7. Added parameter &regSuccessPause to specify a delay (in seconds) before redirecting. Defaults to 5 seconds to give the user time to read the confirmation message.
       8. Added parameter &registerSuccessTpl to display a custom chunk instead of redirecting. (only works if &regSuccessId is not set).
       9. Added new service "viewprofile" for &type=`profile` to allow users to view the profile of other users.
          (?service=viewprofile&username=Scotty%20Delicious)
      10. Added parameter &viewProfileTpl to specify a template for the new "viewprofile" service.
      11. Added a simple JavaScript file to force IE compliance with HTML element <button>
      12. I think there is more that I am forgetting.

08/20/2007 v. 1.0.2
       1. Added parameter &notify to specify email addresses to be notified of new user registrations.
       2. Added parameter &notifyTpl to specify notification email message body.
       3. Added parameter &notifySubject to specify notification email subject line.
       4. Converted all PHP mail() function calls to use the PHPMailer class included with MODx.
       5. Added "Terms of Service" agreement and checkbox to the default instant registration template.
       6. Fixed placeholders [+user.dob+] and [+user.lastlogin+]. If they are empty or "0", the placeholder is set to "Unknown".
       7. Fixed the Instant Login Form so that if there is an error, the fields are filled with the $_POST values so the user doesn't have to fill in all the fields again.

08/19/2007 v. 1.0.1
       1. Added parameter &regRequired to specify required input fields by name attribute.
       2. Added sanity checks for chunk templates.
       3. Added file_exists check for language file. Falls back to English (default) if language file is not found.
       4. Added a cookie for persistent login. can be a checkbox named "rememberme" or a select named "stayloggedin".

08/14/2007 v. 1.0
       1. Initial Public Release.

Use this forum to post any comments about this addition or any questions you have regarding its use.

Brief Description:
    A progressively enhanced, AJAX capable, complete web user management snippet for MODx. Based on the brilliant work of Raymond Irving (xwisdom). This snippet manages web user login, logout, registration, profile editing, profile deleting, password recovery, and user activation. It can also perform these tasks asynchronously with javascript.

I have some examples up at my demo site.
    A standard user login in the sidebar: http://demo.scottydelicious.com
    An example of `instant` vs. `verify` user registrations: http://demo.scottydelicious.com/register.html
    An example of asynchronous (AJAX) login: http://demo.scottydelicious.com/ajax-login.html

-sD-
    Dr. Scotty Delicious, Scientist DFPA [ed. note: iusemodx last edited this post 7 years, 2 months ago.]
      Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.
      All of the above... in no specific order.

I send pointless little messages
      • 12 Posts
      I can’t access the links. It says the page does not exist. The main domain gives a page telling the domain exired August 10th.
        • 1,193 Posts
        Ha!
        Sorry about that... it was working when I posted the links!

The email address my registrar had was an old one, so I didn’t get the renewal notification.
        The links should be back up in just a little bit.

-sD-
        Dr. Scotty Delicious, Scientist DFPA.
          Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.

• 103 Posts
          Seems to be a very nice addition. Will this work with the SMF Bridge?
            Impossible is nothing - with ModX
            • 1,193 Posts
            Quote from: Konsum at Aug 15, 2007, 12:59 PM

Seems to be a very nice addition. Will this work with the SMF Bridge?
            I am not positive, but I can’t think of any reason that it shouldn’t.
            I took care to implement all the features of the original weblogin snippet, but try it out and see if it works with SMF bridge. You do not need to uninstall the old weblogin snippet to use WebLoginPE. Technically the *could be on the same page together, although it would be redundant.

-sD-
            Dr. Scotty Delicious, Scientist DFPA

• 12 Posts
              This might be a noob question smiley
              Can this snippet remember users with cookies for long, like the login on this forum permits (cookies with durations of multiple years), so users only have to log in once?

I have tried to use the standard Weblogin snippet like that, but all I managed is to create temporary php sessions. Perhaps I messed up with the ’remember me’ tick box.
                • 1,193 Posts
                Quote from: Calamarain at Aug 15, 2007, 01:53 PM

This might be a noob question smiley
                Can this snippet remember users with cookies for long, like the login on this forum permits (cookies with durations of multiple years), so users only have to log in once?

I have tried to use the standard Weblogin snippet like that, but all I managed is to create temporary php sessions. Perhaps I messed up with the ’remember me’ tick box.

No, you didn’t mess it up. That is all that the weblogin snipped did was set a session. Right now WebLoginPE uses the same format, but I need to fix that so that a real cookie can be set if desired. Thanks for the suggestion. I will try to work in a user selectable cookie expiration like on this forum.

BTW, I finally got a look at the demo site in IE6 and the CSS looks terrible and the AJAX javascript doesn’t work! For now, try it in ANYTHING BUT IE! and I will get the style and JS worked out.

-sD-
                Dr. Scotty Delicious, Scientist DFPA

• 12 Posts
                  Quote from: Dr. at Aug 15, 2007, 02:52 PM

That is all that the weblogin snipped did was set a session. Right now WebLoginPE uses the same format, but I need to fix that so that a real cookie can be set if desired. Thanks for the suggestion. I will try to work in a user selectable cookie expiration like on this forum.
                  That’s great, thanks smiley
                    • 1,193 Posts
                    one more correction I made at http://demo.scottydelicious.com/ajax-login.html . The Jot form had a CLASS of "jotForm" instead of an ID of "jotForm", so it was getting hijacked by the javascript and posts were not working. It is fixed now.

-sD-
                    Dr. Scotty Delicious, Scientist.

• Cool stuff, Scotty!

BTW, when I tried to register from the AJAX demo page, I clicked register and it appeared as if nothing happened at all. (I was watching where the other messages were appearing...)

After waiting a little bit, I clicked register again, but didn’t see any type of "Loading..." message or anything to indicate action was occurring on the back end.

I checked my email during the interim, and when I got back to the page it said something along the lines of "Sorry, this username is already in use."

So, between my first click registering me and my 2nd click (preventing duplicate registration) I was somewhat confused...However, I do realize this is just a demo site, and I’m sure a loading indicator or disabled/hidden submit buttons could be added with ease to help streamline the registration process.

I also like how initial registration is no more than name/email/username smiley Is this portion customizable? (e.g. maybe gender and country are required @ registration?)
                        Mike Reid - www.pixelchutes.com
                        MODx Ambassador / Contributor
                        [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart