Sorry for my ignorance for sometimes.
I needed more concentration for bugfixing the disturbing behavior of pagination. And it’s done.
The update of Easy 2 Gallery 1.4.0-RC1 revision 196
is now available in the package download area
So, here are the changes:
**** SNIPPET ****
Bug fixes on:
**** MODULE ****
- Now with BATCH tagging, both adding and removing. Go ahead, play with it for some time.
- Since then, there is also the TAG explorer
- Lastly, the config inside module contains the snippet parameter for the fields, so you can figure out the different snippet call in the run-time if you need to.
See attachments below.
make sure your host allows the fopen & fwrite command. See your Apache’s error logs for details.
Quote from: sottwell at Jun 14, 2010, 04:35 PM
And when you do, be assured I’ll beat it to death on the four-language site I’m working on... English, Hebrew, Russian and French. YAMS, of course
Hehe.. you know that i’m working on it.
Thanks for the TV enhancement.
Quote from: fixedmachine at Jun 12, 2010, 12:36 AM
Goldsky, you can’t rely on mb_detect_encoding. Sometimes it could return false, and we end up with error:
Warning: Argument 2 passed to UTF8::convert_to() must be an string, boolean given, called in /home/domains/domain.net/public_html/assets/modules/easy2/includes/classes/e2g.public.class.php on line 58 and defined in /home/domains/domain.net/public_html/assets/modules/easy2/includes/UTF8-2.1.0/UTF8.php on line 1546 in /home/domains/domain.net/public_html/assets/modules/easy2/includes/UTF8-2.1.0/ReflectionTypehint.php on line 70
So in e2g.public.class.php we can’t have:
<?php> // highlighting
$converted_text = UTF8::convert_to($text,mb_detect_encoding($text));
Anyway. We’ve got a mess with encoding. There is too much ’e2g_decode’ and ’e2g_encode’ where we don’t need it.
We need to rebuild that functionality.
I think that the general procedure should look like this:
1. UPLOAD - we detect encoding of uploaded file name and if it’s different than UTF-8 -> convert it to UTF-8.
2. SAVE - save file with UTF-8 encoded file name
3. DISPLAY - because we know that our file name could contain non-ASCII characters we must URI encode all paths to them (http://www.w3.org/International/O-URL-code.html)
This is the base. Of course we need to consider synchronization and downloading(zip).
Did I miss something?
I’ll try to fix that things.
The ’e2g_decode’ and ’e2g_encode’ were supposed to bridging the different encoding of each of machines.
Like I usually said, since I don’t use irregular character (of Latin-1) in my country, I only test this against Iñtërnâtiônàlizætiøn
Go ahead, post your fixes on this. I’ll include that into the package.
I believe, this encoding should also applies the set_locale variable.
I’ve dug the MODx’s charset (in manager/includes/charsets.php), it realizes me that I should include the set_locale option in the language files.
What do you think.