We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 21 Posts
    I am just not able to get this to work, no matter what I do. The whole iframe and module integration is working fine. But the advanced php code via snippet integration isnt working at all. I always get redirected to my homepage when I click on submit. This is really annoying... anyone has an idea what else I could try? I have read and followed all the instructions, but cant get it to work.
      • 19 Posts
      Quote from: diamondz at Sep 07, 2009, 03:04 PM

I am just not able to get this to work, no matter what I do. The whole iframe and module integration is working fine. But the advanced php code via snippet integration isnt working at all. I always get redirected to my homepage when I click on submit. This is really annoying... anyone has an idea what else I could try? I have read and followed all the instructions, but cant get it to work.

Hallo Diamondz,

If I am correct as per your posting, then the iframe & module is working correct...?
      If so why would you want to use the advanced php code via snippet...????
      On the machform forum, I believe the developer stated clearly that the advanced php code was problematic to implement and therefore advised the use of embedded iframe as a solution.
      In this case, you only need to call up your embedded forms via CHUNK CALLS & it works perfectly.

The principal integration is to get the MACHFORM to function as a module within MODX.
      so if your module is working, all you have to do is only to design your forms within the module,
      copy the iframe embedded code, paste it into a chunk and then call it up on your front end pages.
      This way you have no problems at all.

As a snippet...?? then that is whole lot of another approach.

I will advise that, rather you take it easy, go over the instructions and eliminate things one by one and you should get a working form.

• 21 Posts
        Hey Webman,

thanks for your reply, once again. Maybe we had a bit of a misunderstanding there. I thought you guys had the snippet thing working. The reason why I want that, is because we have a lot of different products and we want to use a templatevariable to generate a fields default value based on the pagetitle. That way our customers dont need to fill in the product name by themselves. You know how customers are, they are lazy and fill in just what they feel like smiley

Anyways, I think we have to stick with the iframe/chunk version for now until something better comes our way. Maybe eform will be the better thing to our approach of generating leads.

Big thanks for your kind help though.
          • 19 Posts
          Quote from: diamondz at Sep 07, 2009, 11:39 PM

Hey Webman,

thanks for your reply, once again. Maybe we had a bit of a misunderstanding there. I thought you guys had the snippet thing working. The reason why I want that, is because we have a lot of different products and we want to use a templatevariable to generate a fields default value based on the pagetitle. That way our customers dont need to fill in the product name by themselves. You know how customers are, they are lazy and fill in just what they feel like smiley

Anyways, I think we have to stick with the iframe/chunk version for now until something better comes our way. Maybe eform will be the better thing to our approach of generating leads.

Big thanks for your kind help though.

Hallo Diamondz,

Ah, I see. Now I understand what you had in mind. I did not go along that route yet. Off course I can see how it would be much convenient to call up mach form via snippets.
          I think you will have to ask a little help from Yunia at Machform and also to get a little hand from the experts here.

Thanks in any case, and good luck.

• 43 Posts
            Help!

I am having the same 404 not found when I install my machform.
            You can even see it here: http://lifewater.org/manager/MachForms/index.php
            As the file itself shows it is not there... I have my host on an IIS server. Is this a problem?

Any help with this would be greatly greatly appreciated. Thanks!
              • 43 Posts
              Oops - the link is: http://lifewater.org/modx/manager/machforms/index.php
              But it is the same problem either way... Still can’t figure it out.
                • 43 Posts
                Figured it out. It was the link within the index.php to manage_forms.php
                  • 43 Posts
                  Anyone know how to style it?

I created a form using Machform and the php code given me is not really very helpful... I’d like to add headings into the form and have smaller size text boxes, etc.

Or do you just get what you input?

thanks!
                    • 615 Posts
                    Two questions:

1. Somewhere on http://www.appnitro.com/machform/features it sais: MySQL database integration. Is that possible with this integration in MODx? Like use MachForm instead of eForm2DB?

2. This isn’t free, is it? Do you pay pr. site or Unlimited?

Thanks for a great solution! (I hope, I haven’t tried it yet wink ).
                      I think, thererfor I am! But what I am, and why...?
                      • 160 Posts
                      Quote from: Sylvaticus at Sep 26, 2009, 11:21 PM

Two questions:

1. Somewhere on http://www.appnitro.com/machform/features it sais: MySQL database integration. Is that possible with this integration in MODx? Like use MachForm instead of eForm2DB?

2. This isn’t free, is it? Do you pay pr. site or Unlimited?

1. It dynamically creates its own tables, which can be kept in the same db as modx if you like.
                      2. You can install 10 copies anywhere for $99--not a bad deal.