We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 19 Posts
    Quote from: rx2 at Feb 28, 2009, 06:34 PM

Worked perfectly for me. I used a different path forms/ in the same level as assets and manager but other than that I followed the instructions exactly.

It would be great if we had a method of generating the snippet automatically as mentioned above but this is much nicer and user friendly, nonetheless, then using eForm.
    Now if it supported multiple pages it would be a godsend.

rx2,

I will try again today once more to see if it will work out using the same pathway as you have indicated. It is an awesome script so far and once i can get it to run as module in MODX, that will be just fantastic.
    I have spent sleepless nights already trying to figure out different ways to call it up in the manager, the good thing is that it has also enable to learn more about modx which I just discovered only a month ago.
    I looking forward to testing our the alpha version of revolution also. grin

• 19 Posts
      Quote from: rx2 at Feb 28, 2009, 06:34 PM

Worked perfectly for me. I used a different path forms/ in the same level as assets and manager but other than that I followed the instructions exactly.

It would be great if we had a method of generating the snippet automatically as mentioned above but this is much nicer and user friendly, nonetheless, then using eForm.
      Now if it supported multiple pages it would be a godsend.

Hallo rx2,

greetings once more. Could you be so kind as to point out the file path ways which you use in the content for the manager module..?
      I have install the machform at same level as assets and manager as per your recommendations.
      Interesting that when i run the module, it attempts at installing modx..! or it gives a 404 error when i alter the path.
      here is what i have for folder pathway:

include_once $modx->config[’base_path’] . "formulare/index.php";

and here are my modx and machform installation paths:

modx/
      /assets
      /manager
      /formulare

And as per the alterations to the index.php I have copied the codes exactly as indicated by the tutorial.

Thanks very much.

• My path is: include_once $modx->config[’base_path’] . "forms/index.php";

And forms is on the same level as assets and manager folders.
        I didn’t recommend it, it’s just what I happened to do.
        I am using the standard .htaccess file and I have friendly URLs enabled, I’m not sure if that is interfering in your setup or not.
          • 19 Posts
          Quote from: rx2 at Mar 02, 2009, 05:15 PM

My path is: include_once $modx->config[’base_path’] . "forms/index.php";

And forms is on the same level as assets and manager folders.
          I didn’t recommend it, it’s just what I happened to do.
          I am using the standard .htaccess file and I have friendly URLs enabled, I’m not sure if that is interfering in your setup or not.

Thanks a lot rx2, I am going to take a look at it once more. Perhaps it is my .htaccess file that is interfering, which is modified
          to work with my web server. Also I did not turn on friendly URLS.

It is such an incredible form to use and I am looking forward to be able to use within the manager.
          Once more thanks for the hints.

• 19 Posts
            Well after a long struggle, I could finally get MACHFORM to run perfectly on my local machine. grin
            I am using MAMP PRO by the way and using the orignal .htaccess file which came with my MODXcms 0.9.6.3

So I figure the problem why it will not run on my web host is probably the .htaccess file configuration on the server.
            I am using 1und1.de so perhaps will talk to them and send them a copy of the .htaccess to have them configure it
            properly to work on their servers.

Machform in combination with MODXcms is awesome, so finally a newbie to php and modxcms can finally pretend to be a geek.... grin
              • 4,205 Posts
              That is great. I have been meaning to give this a try. Let us know once you get it running on the remote host wink
                [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
                Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
                • 19 Posts
                Quote from: dev_cw at Mar 20, 2009, 12:39 PM

That is great. I have been meaning to give this a try. Let us know once you get it running on the remote host  wink

Hallo Dev_CW,

Greetings, just coming late to this thread, I have been busy like a bee developing some sites with Modx and yes..:) I successfully installed and integrated MACHFORM with Modx.
                It is running smoothly. I am using chunks to call it up on the front end. It has provided me with a versatile, flexible, aesthetically pleasing yet functional and practical way to implement some drag & drop solutions in my work.

Together with Modx, I have an incredible flexibility and malleability on hand to implement solutions and workarounds which hitherto would have been impossible for me to do, given that my programming skills on the PHP side is about null..!

Thanks a lot for the help.

P.S. Many many thanks to computersolutions.cn for providing us with a solution. I am taking a long look at the cope to see if I can be able to also integrate some handy php scripts into Modx....:)
                  • 30 Posts
                  Pleased I found this. Have been using Machform for a while as it’s so easy and have recently integrated it into my modx websites. However, I did it the old fashioned way of installing separately (before the discovery of this topic). Just in case any one else not incredibly code savvy is wanting to do this, these are the issues I had:
                  Once both MachForm and Modx installed and working independently, if you’re wanting the easiest way to get the forms working use the iframe... you may need to change the css to suit your site though. Initially I tried to just create a snippet of the php output from MacForm. When I went to preview the page it came up with Modx errors. Logout of the Manager and the page appears perfectly. Problem is, the script doesn’t work. Fill in a form, submit, no error messages, assume it’s worked... doh.
                  Am hoping that the help on this topic will work. Thanks laugh
                    • 19 Posts
                    Quote from: crewmark at May 11, 2009, 12:25 AM

Pleased I found this. Have been using Machform for a while as it’s so easy and have recently integrated it into my modx websites. However, I did it the old fashioned way of installing separately (before the discovery of this topic). Just in case any one else not incredibly code savvy is wanting to do this, these are the issues I had:
                    Once both MachForm and Modx installed and working independently, if you’re wanting the easiest way to get the forms working use the iframe... you may need to change the css to suit your site though. Initially I tried to just create a snippet of the php output from MacForm. When I went to preview the page it came up with Modx errors. Logout of the Manager and the page appears perfectly. Problem is, the script doesn’t work. Fill in a form, submit, no error messages, assume it’s worked... doh.
                    Am hoping that the help on this topic will work. Thanks laugh

Hallo Crewmark,

It is better when MACHFORM is integrated as a module within Modx. If you are having problems installing it as a module as described here on this thread, take a look at your .htaccess file.
                    To get machform going, comment out this line: # RewriteRule ^(.*)$ ~modxfolder/index.php?q=$1 [L,QSA].

I initially had a difficult time installing it as a module, until i commented out the line above within my .htaccess file.

• 21 Posts
                      Hi,

I have problems getting the snippet integration to work. My form is showing up fine but when I submit, I get redirectet to the homepage. The submit button has the action #main_body which should jump to that anchor. But somehow its looking for a url /#main_body which ofcourse does not exist. No data is sent and no errors either.

You can see the form here:
                      http://betriebsausflug.com/crossgolf-betriebsausflug/

Any help is greatly appreciated.