We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • I am not sure why it isn’t showing. It could be that the link window script is not writing this correctly or that TinyMCE is stripping out what it sees as incorrectly marked code.

Try turning off TinyMCE (or whatever textarea editor you are using) for the page while you are editing it and or place the rel="external" into the link in HTML view. Once you have seen if the script works properly then we can try to address the issue of the link not writing correctly.

Jay
      Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
      • 126 Posts
      But im using wayfinder snippet to generate the weblink not the text editor. When you insert a weblink, I thought you add the rel="external" to the link attribute field. This surely has nothing to do with TINYMCE?

bS
      • Can you post your snippet call where you are using the rel="external" so that I can try it myself? Are you using a template for your wayfinder formatting with placeholders or the standard call?
          Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
          • 126 Posts
          I think we might be getting a little mixed up here, however here is my snippet call:

">[[Wayfinder? &startId=`0` &level=`3` &parentClass=`hide` &parentRowTpl=`cssplay_parentRow` &outerTpl=`cssplay_outer` &innerTpl=`cssplay_inner` &rowTpl=`cssplay_row` &outerClass=`menu` &cssTpl=`cssplay_basicdd`]]

I haven’t referenced the rel="external" here. I’m referencing it through the weblinks interface. Goto - Site > New Weblink > Link Attributes. Here I have entered rel="external" and I assumed it rendered out in the link tag but nothing happens...???

Is this any clearer?

bS