We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 290 Posts
    I'm trying to set a full path for blog posts. The blog section is a simple parent / child hierarchy. This is on ModX 2.3.3 run locally with MAMP.

customURLs seems to work, but one post was created by duplicating another, existing post, and its full path doesn't show. The full path does show for all others.

customURLs has a 'Regenerate Custom URLS' button that presents this when clicked:

Are you sure you want to regenerate custom URLs ? This will override existing custom rules.

There's nothing in the documentation about this -- anyone know what this accomplishes?

This question has been answered by BobRay. See the first response.

[ed. note: wpicotte last edited this post 8 years, 8 months ago.]
      • 1,145 Posts
      One of those things everyone is afraid to click, but will have to click sooner than later.

The duplicated post most probably has the same url as the original.
      Edit that resource settings > freeze uri ...change to unique
        TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
        Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
        5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
        • 290 Posts
        Quote from: donshakespeare at Jul 29, 2015, 06:15 AM
        One of those things everyone is afraid to click, but will have to click sooner than later.

The duplicated post most probably has the same url as the original.
        Edit that resource settings > freeze uri ...change to unique

It doesn't have the same URL. I edited all fields when the resource was duplicated.

Can you describe what the regenerate button does?

Also, can you clarify: I have freeze URL set on the parent (i.e. blog/), and this pattern in customURLs for the blog post template:
        [[+cu.parent_uri]]/[[+alias]]

Are you saying the URI needs to be frozen on the child resource? As in, every child resource that's created?

Thanks
          • 1,145 Posts
          I can't say what the button does for sure, but it seems safe. I first thought it would eat up my website.
          I reckon it is much like MODx' Refresh URIs, under Clear Cache

No need to freeze the URI manually, this plugin will/should do it for you.

Edit the resource in question, what do you see, is everything as expected, title, alias, freeze uri etc?
          Clear your cache if need be. Change browser - chrome is growing notorious!

The behaviour you're describing is weird, because the plugin fires at both OnDocFormSave and OnResourceDuplicate.
            TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
            Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
            5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
          • discuss.answer
            • 24,544 Posts
            Sometimes just making a trivial edit and saving the resource will fix stuff like that.

As a last resort, you can always set "Freeze URI," hard-code the URL you want, and hit "Save."
              Did I help you? Buy me a beer
              Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
              MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
              My MODX Extras
              Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting