We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 48 Posts
    Hello everyone,

I have recently move a fairly large Modx site (1300+ resources) to new hosting platform with a slightly different filesystem structure. Everything seems to be working great except phpthumbof and gallery - and I suspect that the two are realated. There are no issues in either the apache error log or the modx error log. I have triple checked file system ownership and permissions. I have re-run the Modx setup. I have re-installed both phpThumbOf and Gallery extras.

The stats:
    modx = 2.3.5-pl
    gallery = 1.7.0-pl
    phpThumbOf = 1.4.0-pl
    imagemagick and php5-imagick are installed

Problem #1:
    Images fail to render with phpthumbof:

http://www.allenandallen.com/assets/components/gallery/connector.php?action=web/phpthumb&ctx=web&w=280&h=331&f=png&src=/assets/gallery/10/669.png

Yet the image is clearly there:
    http://www.allenandallen.com/assets/gallery/10/669.png

Problem #2:
    None of the thumbnails in the gallery browser show up. They don't seem to be re-creating themselves.

Note: I specifically did NOT copy over these folders for clean up purposes.
    ./assets/components/gallery/cache
    ./assets/components/phpthumbof/cache

What am I missing? Is there a way to force the gallery to rebuild it's cache?

THANKS!

This question has been answered by multiple community members. See the first response.

• discuss.answer
      • 165 Posts
      Is phpThumbOf working elsewhere on the site? Can you output a thumbnailed image on any other content page in the usual way? (Wondering if phpThumbOf problem globally or just something specific to Gallery)
      Have you tried uninstalling phpThumbOf and replacing with pThumb? It's faster in general and is a drop in replacement - just wondering if it is a phpThumbOf problem or an issue related to just saving things to directories.
      Have you ensured any paths in the config.inc.php have been correctly updated to new directories?
      • discuss.answer
        • 48 Posts
        Quote from: pdincubus at Jun 29, 2015, 02:59 PM
        Is phpThumbOf working elsewhere on the site? Can you output a thumbnailed image on any other content page in the usual way? (Wondering if phpThumbOf problem globally or just something specific to Gallery)
        Have you tried uninstalling phpThumbOf and replacing with pThumb? It's faster in general and is a drop in replacement - just wondering if it is a phpThumbOf problem or an issue related to just saving things to directories.
        Have you ensured any paths in the config.inc.php have been correctly updated to new directories?

Yes, I have fixed the paths in config.inc.php. The site would not work at all until this was done.

Moving from phpThumbOf to pThumb seems to have done the trick for the first problem. Thanks for the Tip!

Anyone have thoughts on the Gallery thumbnails?
          • 119 Posts
          I'd check the workspaces and system settings tables for any mentions of paths
            Studio Republic
            http://www.studiorepublic.com
            0845 226 3205
            @christodhunter
            • 48 Posts
            So I cannot confirm if it was the pThumb change or not, but the Gallery thumbnails seems to have returned and I can see images in the /assets/components/gallery/cache folder again. All is good again.

Thanks everyone for the quick response.

CHEERS.
              • 165 Posts
              Quote from: curmudgeon61 at Jun 29, 2015, 05:15 PM
              So I cannot confirm if it was the pThumb change or not, but the Gallery thumbnails seems to have returned and I can see images in the /assets/components/gallery/cache folder again. All is good again.

Thanks everyone for the quick response.

CHEERS.

No worries, glad to be of help!