We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 290 Posts
    I moved a site from a stage server to a local environment. Dumped cache on stage and packaged up the site, brought it and the database over, replaced all core paths, etc etc. Fired up the site locally, front end looks great, things look great in the manager.

Following the best practice described on this forum, I next re-installed ModX. Logged out, dumped cache beforehand (and after, and then again just to be safe). Replaced all core paths.

And now, everything's blank. The manager, the front end. Everything. Very frustrating, after following the steps laid out for moving a site for the Nth time.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?
      • 24,544 Posts
      Are you getting the login page when you go to yoursite.com/manager?

Make sure the local environment has mod_rewrite enabled. It's off by default in XAMPP.

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
      • Did you check your PHP and MODX error logs?
          • 290 Posts
          Quote from: BobRay at Jun 25, 2015, 09:06 PM
          Are you getting the login page when you go to yoursite.com/manager?
          I am - I get through the login page and all is blank.

EDIT I reached the login page after setup completed; now, returning to /manager, I get a blank page.

Quote from: BobRay at Jun 25, 2015, 09:06 PM
          Make sure the local environment has mod_rewrite enabled. It's off by default in XAMPP.
          It's enabled in MAMPs config file, if that's what you mean.
          [ed. note: wpicotte last edited this post 8 years, 9 months ago.]
            • 290 Posts
            Quote from: jgulledge19 at Jun 26, 2015, 04:21 PM
            Did you check your PHP and MODX error logs?
            I did when this first happened and found nothing. Just checked again and from the PHP log see the following:

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function setResource() on null in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/naturalapertures/core/cache/includes/elements/modplugin/11.include.cache.php on line 25

Fatal error: Call to a member function setProcessingElement() on null in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/naturalapertures/core/model/modx/modelement.class.php on line 265

And from core/cache/logs/error.log, this:

(ERROR @ /naturalapertures/index.php) Could not load class: pdoParser from pdoparser.
            (ERROR @ /naturalapertures/index.php) Problem getting service parser, instance of class pdoParser, from path /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/naturalapertures/core/components/pdotools/model/pdotools/
              • 24,544 Posts
              It looks like a problem plugin. Try this: In the DB, look at the modx_site_plugins table. Find the plugin with the ID of 11. Note the name and put a 1 in the 'disabled' field and click on "Go." Then, delete all files in the core/cache directory before trying to log in.

My MODX Extras
                • 290 Posts
                Quote from: BobRay at Jun 27, 2015, 05:59 AM
                It looks like a problem plugin. Try this: In the DB, look at the modx_site_plugins table. Find the plugin with the ID of 11. Note the name and put a 1 in the 'disabled' field and click on "Go." Then, delete all files in the core/cache directory before trying to log in.

Thanks. It's ContentBlocks. Took the steps you described but still no change.

EDIT
                I have overwritten the local version of the site with the stage version again, but have not reinstalled ModX. Both use ContentBlocks, and currently the overwritten local site renders in the front end and I'm able to access the manager, and resources within the manager. The ContentBlocks area on resource pages appears to render correctly.

Previously, at the point I reinstalled ModX and subsequently experienced the blank manager and front end. Could it be that the licensing for ContentBlocks has somehow contributed?

I've contacted Mark, but wanted to add this update here. [ed. note: wpicotte last edited this post 8 years, 9 months ago.]
                  • 24,544 Posts
                  It's definitely possible that the licensing is the issue. I wouldn't expect that to bring down the site, though and disabling the plugin and manually clearing the cache should have fixed it.
                    My MODX Extras