We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,118 Posts
    Hi guys,

I am planning a members area in a new website, and will be using Login addon to allow members to register - the member will have lots of additional fields ontop of the standard ModUser fields - within the website, I want to allow the MODx manager users to be able to search the list of members on a wide range of fields - some that will not be the standard ModUser fields - e.g. searching based on the content of some custom fields. I know custom fields are all stored in a single JSON string which is far from ideal... but what I am interested in, is would it be possible to have a new page in the MODx manager area to allow the MODx admin users to perform an advanced search function on the list of ModUsers? e.g. to search the ModUsers by ALL fields, so, standard MODx ones AS WELL as the Custom ones each member has?

Appreciate any thoughts on this.

Cheers

dubbs.
      • 5,888 Posts
      I would use Bob's classExtender and store all searchable fields into the Extender-table.

Than you could create a CMP for example with MIGXdb to search in all that fields with MIGXdb - textbox-filter or combobox-filters
        -------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
        • 1,118 Posts
        Quote from: Bruno17 at Jun 04, 2015, 09:53 AM
        I would use Bob's classExtender and store all searchable fields into the Extender-table.

Than you could create a CMP for example with MIGXdb to search in all that fields with MIGXdb - textbox-filter or combobox-filters

Thanks Bruno. Will have a look at these bits. Have also used pdoTools to extend ModUser previously which works well - but the standard MODx manager search does not access this JSON feed.
          • 24,544 Posts
          The standard Manager search is pretty limited. It would be tempting to hack it to add your search targets, but of course it would be overwritten when you upgrade.

Bruno's MIGX CMP suggestion is a much better option. BTW, ClassExtender shouldn't conflict with any other extensions to modUser.
            Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting