We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 173 Posts
    Bruno,

Thanks! I can see what your thinking. Let me play with Again Thanks!.
      Everything I know I learned on the internet. Saved me thousands in College tuition,
      • 173 Posts
      Bruno, Everything is working pretty good. For some reason, the runnersFormSave script is not saving the last runner on the list. so if I say 2 additional the third runners data is blank.if I say 3 the fourth is blank...etc. It's in the list but no data.
        Everything I know I learned on the internet. Saved me thousands in College tuition,
        • 5,888 Posts
        there was a mistake here. We need to add 1.

//set formfields for additional runners
            $next = $i+1;
            $formFields = 'rnr-add' . $next . ',rnr-age' . $next . ',rnr-sex' . $next . ',rnr-dist' . $next . ',rnr-swag' . $next;    
          -------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
          • 173 Posts
          Quote from: Bruno17 at Apr 05, 2015, 05:33 AM
          there was a mistake here. We need to add 1.

//set formfields for additional runners
              $next = $i+1;
              $formFields = 'rnr-add' . $next . ',rnr-age' . $next . ',rnr-sex' . $next . ',rnr-dist' . $next . ',rnr-swag' . $next;    

Finally got a chance to try it. No dice. The last one shows in the list but no data is saved. Just for fun I tried 0 and 2 but same results.
            • 173 Posts
            Bruno, Disregard that last post. My mistake. Everything is working. THANKS!!
              • 173 Posts
              What would you add to this to also output a chunk with the total number of runners? Basically a +1. I tried a number of things and none of them worked.

Bruno

$additional_runners = (int) $modx->getOption('additional_runners',$scriptProperties,0);

for ($i=1;$i<=$additional_runners;$i++){
                  $properties = array();
                  $properties['rnr_idx'] = $i;
                  $output .= $modx->getChunk($tpl,$properties);    
              }

return $output;
                • 5,888 Posts
                can't you get the number from user's input with:

[[!+fi.additional_runners]]
                  -------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
                  • 173 Posts
                  Quote from: Bruno17 at Apr 11, 2015, 05:30 AM
                  can't you get the number from user's input with:

[[!+fi.additional_runners]]

The problem was that it didn't add the original runner and output modifiers didn't work on the [[!+fi.additional_runners]] snippet. I ended up figuring this out.

[[+totalrnrs:add=`[[!+fi.additional_runners]]`:add=`1`]]

and this to total the price

[[+totalprice:add=`[[!+fi.additional_runners]]`:add=`1`:mpy=`[[!+fi.rnrm-price]]`]]

Looks like I got everything working, now I'm making it look nice. I'll post a link when it goes live. Couldn't have done it without your help. Thanks.