We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,145 Posts
    I think HybridAuth is a great idea, but some flaw from I-don't-know-where is disabling me from using it.
    It installed correctly, I have followed the tut to a T, api key and all; when I log in via google, the HybridAuth MODx page does not log me in, just sits there staring at me sad

If you have this working as expected in 2.3 please could you share your setup?
    Cheers
      TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
      Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
      5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
      • 166 Posts
      Hello donshakespeare!

Did you get it to work?

I tried it by using Facebook as the provider, but when I click on the link to login, the site loads a facebook-page with the folowwing error message:

Invalid Scopes: read_stream. This message is only shown to developers. Users of your app will ignore these permissions if present. Please read the documentation for valid permissions at: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-login/permissions

Info about the read_stream (coming from the link posted in the error message):

read_stream

This permission is only available for apps using Graph API version v2.3 or older.

Provides access to read the posts in a person's News Feed, or the posts on their Profile.
      Review

If your app requests this permission Facebook will have to review how your app uses it.
      Limited Use

This permission is granted to apps building a Facebook-branded client on platforms where Facebook is not already available. For example, Android and iOS apps will not be approved for this permission. In addition, Web, Desktop, in-car and TV apps will not be granted this permission.

But I don't want to read the users posts, I only want them to be able to login by using their facebook-account and on if they are logged in successful the user should be redirected to another resource:

[[!HybridAuth? &providers=`Facebook` &groups=`User` &loginResourceId=`2` &logoutResourceId=`1`]]