We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,145 Posts
    http://www.leofec.com/modx-revolution/using-only-one-form-in-modx-quip-comments.html
    Here is a tutorial (+demo) on how to make your MODx Quip Comment reply form look like such as found in Wordpress.

Uses only one form for the main and reply-to commenting. No AJAX, no refreshing, no redirecting, just pure neatness!
      TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
      Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
      5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
      • 255 Posts
      Thanks for this. I used it as a base for my form functionality in a responsive version of quip using bootstrap media lists. I also replaced the ddaccordian with Bootstrap Collapse(because it seemed convoluted and I already have bootstrap collapse loaded). After some fiddling it's working great. You can see it in action at http://c2065.paas2.tx.modxcloud.com/blogs/2014/06/25/pushing-the-limits-of-engagement/#qcom16.

I'm still working through some of the quip admin functions like report and remove which won't be visible. I'm looking for a markdown solution for the comments that works well with quip but haven't settled on one yet. And the recaptchv2 isn't working quite right yet.

If anyone's interested I can share the final code when done. Just shout it out.
        • 1,145 Posts
        Very sleek.

Got recaptchv2 to work yet?
          TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
          Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
          5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
          • 255 Posts
          Quote from: donshakespeare at Jul 08, 2015, 01:58 AM
          Very sleek.

Not yet. Working on report and remove. And that hideous anonymous gravatar thing.... will post when Im done.
            • 255 Posts
            Quote from: harveyev at Jul 08, 2015, 02:36 AM
            Quote from: donshakespeare at Jul 08, 2015, 01:58 AM
            Very sleek.

Not yet. Working on report and remove. And that hideous anonymous gravatar thing.... will post when Im done.

OK. I finished the Single Page Quip Form with some more bells and whistles. Kudos to DesignCouch and Leofec for blazing this trail. I documented all code and explanation the best I could on my prod site at http://cmhworks.com/blogs/2015/07/09/responsive-modx-quip/. The working quip commenting is at the bottom of the page.

I also just finished getting recaptchav2 working (without hacking Quip recaptcha.lib.php) but left the responsive theme code changes for recaptcha v1 in the docs in case anyone wants to use. The recaptchv2 solution is a really simple and totally javascript based solution that also integrates with Bootstrap Validator for client side validation before posting to the server. This last bit I haven't documented yet but you can see it working at the link above. I will document it as soon as I get some time.

Cheers and thanks for the help and inspiration.