We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 13 Posts
    Hello,

I've installed Modx revo 2.3.3 to a client's server and I've got some issues.
    I can't create a new resource. Every time I 'create' one and save nothing happens!

What I have:
    - In the manager screen I've got a warning about 'register_globals' set as 'ON'
    -in the error log I've got things like that :

[2015-03-11 15:44:09] (ERROR @ /preview/manager/index.php) Error preparing statement for query: SELECT `modActionDom`.`id`, `modActionDom`.`set`, `modActionDom`.`action`, `modActionDom`.`name`, `modActionDom`.`description`, `modActionDom`.`xtype`, `modActionDom`.`container`, `modActionDom`.`rule`, `modActionDom`.`value`, `modActionDom`.`constraint`, `modActionDom`.`constraint_field`, `modActionDom`.`constraint_class`, `modActionDom`.`active`, `modActionDom`.`for_parent`, `modActionDom`.`rank`, `FCSet`.`constraint_class`, `FCSet`.`constraint_field`, `FCSet`.`constraint`, `FCSet`.`template` FROM `modx_actiondom` AS `modActionDom` JOIN `modx_fc_sets` `FCSet` ON `modActionDom`.`set` = `FCSet`.`id` JOIN `modx_fc_profiles` `Profile` ON FCSet.profile = Profile.id LEFT JOIN `modx_fc_profiles_usergroups` `ProfileUserGroup` ON Profile.id = ProfileUserGroup.profile LEFT JOIN `modx_fc_profiles` `UGProfile` ON UGProfile.id = ProfileUserGroup.profile WHERE ( ( `modActionDom`.`action` = ? AND `modActionDom`.`for_parent` = ? AND `FCSet`.`active` = ? AND `Profile`.`active` = ? ) AND ( ( `ProfileUserGroup`.`usergroup` IN ('1') OR ( `ProfileUserGroup`.`usergroup` IS ? AND `UGProfile`.`active` = ? ) ) OR `ProfileUserGroup`.`usergroup` IS ? ) ) ORDER BY modActionDom.rank ASC - Array
    (
    [0] => 42000
    [1] => 1064
    [2] => You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '? AND `UGProfile`.`active` = ? ) ) OR `ProfileUserGroup`.`usergroup` IS ? ) )' at line 1
    )

-The first time I've tried to install modx on this server I couldn't because it didn't create my user! (Even with a manually insert user it didn't work) so I had to install it on my computer then move it to the client's server.
      • 247 Posts
      Are you sure your mySQL version is compatible with MODX? http://rtfm.modx.com/revolution/2.x/getting-started/server-requirements
        • 110 Posts
        If the normal MODX installer can't run, then something ain't compatible!

Server requirements: http://rtfm.modx.com/revolution/2.x/getting-started/server-requirements
        Make sure you meet it!

Why can't you run MODX installer directly on server? Not sure what you mean by saying it didn't create your user. The MySQL user? The MODX admin user?
          • 13 Posts
          Well when I installed modx on my client's server, I had to create a main admin. No problem, but after the end of install I couldn't log in. I checked in the databass : no user where insert!

MySQL is ok but I've just noticed that the register_globals are a requirements! I'm going to try to switch it OFF.
          I guess the only way is to contact the hoster and make him change the php.ini ?
            • 247 Posts
            Depends on your host. If your on a cPanel setup there's often a PHPini feature that will allow you to adjust the PHP configuration yourself. However, I highly doubt register_globals is your problem. It's certainly a bad idea to leave it on, but it shouldn't prevent MODX from creating your user. Are you using any strange characters in your username? There has to be an incompatibility somewhere with MODX and your mySQL setup.
              • 13 Posts
              No strange characters. I have to wait for the green light from my client to test it again. I'm going to check the mySQL setup in that case.

I'll come back as soon as I have news.
                • 24,544 Posts
                Do you have a plugin that's attached to OnDocFormSave or OnBeforeDocFormSave? If so, it may not be compatible with the version of MODX you're using.

Also, if you move a site from the local to the server and use FTP to move the files individually, it's common for one or more files to be missing or corrupted. You also need to run setup after moving the site.
                  Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                  Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                  MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                  My MODX Extras
                  Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting