We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    Hello!

So a client of mine had a site made with MODX and I am now migrating / taking care of it, making this my first MODX experience.

I am running MODX Revolution 2.3.2 on MYSQL, and PHP 5.4.36.

Everything is migrated and works fine on my test server, but when I attempt to install the "formit" package, I get this error:

Target directory is either not a directory or writable:
    {home/pathname/public_html/pathfolder/pathfolder/}packages/

Could not transfer package formit-2.2.0-pl.transport.zip to
    {home/pathname/public_html/pathfolder/pathfolder/}packages/.

Could not install package with signature: formit-2.2.0-pl

I tried finding a solution through the forums and can't find an answer to my issue. I feel as though the curly brackets { } around the directory are the problem, but I looked into my core config file and can't see where the issue could be, as all seems to be set up fine.

I appreciate your time and help, and I apologize if the solution is simple / easy - but I looked everywhere for a solution to no avail. Thank you!

This question has been answered by steven-sa. See the first response.

• discuss.answer
      • 2 Posts
      Well... in typing my question, I realized I didn't try checking the workspace table in my DB so I went and did a couple of tests with that and realized that the /core/ was missing from the URL. Adding that solved my problem and everything was installed fine.

Thank you to anyone who took the time to read, and let this serve as a lesson / solution to anyone who finds themselves in a similar situation!