We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 48 Posts
    I am building a blog with several categories using Articles. I would like to have my main blog page have several sections separated out with filtered posts for each category. Right now, I am accomplishing this using multiple getResources calls. However, since the template for the main blog page is considered to be the "container template", when viewing the year or month archive pages, the content from the main blog page is what is displayed. The articles are just the most recent and not articles from that date or month because I am not using the [[+articles]] placeholder.

I was wondering if there was a way to detect if a page is an archive page, then use a conditional statement to either use the getResources call or the [[+articles]] placeholder. Any suggestions?
      • 48 Posts
      I should mention that I did already try the following:

[[*id:is=`149`:then=`
          [[getResources]]
      `:else=`
          [[+articles]]
      `]]

149 is the ID of my main blog page/articles container. When I used this, the archive pages still showed the results of the getResources call. I even printed the [[*id]] on the page, and it appears that the archive pages have the same resource ID as the articles container.