We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 353 Posts
    Hi Guys,
    I had to migrate my site to media temple grid server and when I update a resource the save process doesn't finish. It updates the resources but the save progress bar just keeps looping endlessly. I had to disable js and css compression for the manager dashboard to work under MT hosting also. Doesn't appear to be a mod_security issue considering the resource does update data in the db.
    Any ideas of fix?
    Thanks
    • First, What version of MODX are you using?

Does the resource save the update, in that if you refresh the browser page are the edits in place on the resource?

If so, have you manually deleted the cache? Not using the Clear Cache from the manager, but go into the MT file manager and delete the subdirectories in the cache. Sometimes when I roll sites from production to live, a cache file hangs around and causes weirdness like that.

Did you do a re-install of modx when you migrated?

• 353 Posts
        Quote from: dvstudiosinc at Dec 12, 2014, 03:11 AM
        First, What version of MODX are you using? **Revo 2.3.2**

Does the resource save the update, in that if you refresh the browser page are the edits in place on the resource? **Yes**

If so, have you manually deleted the cache? **Yes** Not using the Clear Cache from the manager, but go into the MT file manager and delete the subdirectories in the cache. Sometimes when I roll sites from production to live, a cache file hangs around and causes weirdness like that.

Did you do a re-install of modx when you migrated? **Yes**

Thanks it's something with the media temple hosting. They won't whitelist my IP or relax the mod_security rules. Note: Don't share host with MT. sad I also host with Crocweb - V impressed.
        • Yeah, MT Grid Server is pretty limited for php setup. I only put MODX sites there that are basic and won't require a ton of php-setting changes (although I have hosted a number of MODX sites there without too much issue).

• 353 Posts
            Ya revo always presents challenges with hosting and migrations