We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 6 Posts
    Working on a project for a client I have a strange problem: when I write some code in resources, chunks or even in my css-file I cannot use any brackets like these: {} or []. Instead of writing it leads me immediately to the search field up in the manager. The only workaround until now is to copy and paste some old code. Is there a solution or am I doing something wrong?
    Btw, working in the newest Firefox release and never tested another browser, perhaps I should... ;-)

Any help is very appreciated!
      • 24,544 Posts
      It sounds like a JavaScript issue, and possibly related to the editor you're using in the Manager (e.g., TinyMCE). It's definitely worth trying another browser.

What version of MODX are you using?
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 6 Posts
        Hi BobRay!
        Thanks for your answer, just coming back from town... I will definitely check if another browser lets me write the brackets!
        I use the newest version of MODX 2.3.1-pl.
        Ok, just tested in Chrome and there I have no problems... do I really have to change my preferred browser... hmm, maybe it's less pain than always doing copy and paste ;-)
          • 189 Posts
          I have the latest Firefox (including the Developers version) and do not have your issues. Perhaps it is a Firefox Plugin or Add-on you have installed that is causing the problem.
            • 6 Posts
            Hi gissirob
            Very interesting! Maybe you're right, but at the moment I will go on with my job with Chrome. No time to experiment ;-)