We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 299 Posts
    About to launch a new project that uses three contexts (two that are being used for their own domains). There is some inter-linking between the sites and my getResources calls include the &contexts element and have been working correctly to list resources across the sites in my menu items.

Fast forward where I just added a private section for partners to access after login. I was unable to access my sites form another browsers so I gave the anonymous user group permission to load both contexts. And magically I can now access the two domains again.

In trying to solve a caching issue I manually cleared my cache folder and realized that from context1 the cached menu outputs the getResources call to produce a dropdown menu of links on context2. The same call in reverse on the context2 menu is only listing the parent, no children.

[[Wayfinder?  &startId=`202` &level=`2` &contexts=`context1` &scheme=`full` &startItemTpl=`startMenuTpl` &textOfLinks=`menutitle` &displayStart=`1`]]

[[Wayfinder?  &startId=`4` &level=`2` &contexts=`context2` &scheme=`full` &startItemTpl=`startMenuTpl` &textOfLinks=`menutitle` &displayStart=`1`]]

Since anonymous users should be able to list and view, why/how is the second menu no longer outputting.
      • 299 Posts
      Note - the docs I am looking to display are indeed published. And by parent above, I am referring to display of the starting document.
        • 299 Posts
        And this is why I often get frustrated over the powerful, yet confusion permissions in Revo.

I removed all of my permissions settings to revert back to how I had it. Recreated the groups and granted only load permission to anonymous. Cleared cache and flushed all; now my menus display correctly. Wish I could understand how/why!?