We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 84 Posts
    I've created some categories. When I create for example a new chunk, I can choose categories, but the last categories are not shown. After "none", only the first 20 other categories are shown.

My category name is "workshop". When I rename "workshop" in for example "borkshop", I can choose that within the chunk.

When I rename "borkshop" to "workshop" again, the categorie is shown with categorie "62" and not "workshop".

Is this a normal limitation in MODX?
      • 72 Posts
      Is there some arrows in the bottom of the category dropdown so you can go to the next page with categories?
        ...I believed it was Friday...
        • 84 Posts
        Not that I see, see attachment.
          • 72 Posts
          Could you try another web-browser?

Attached is a file with what I see. I use Chrome.
            • 84 Posts
            I also use Chrome, using Safari gives the same result. Using MODX Revolution 2.3.2-pl (advanced).
              • 72 Posts
              My image is from MODX Revolution 2.2.13-pl (traditional), sorry. It looks like something isnt loading for you, perhaps some javascript that fails. Do you get any error messages in Firebug in firefox regarding scripts that doesnt load?
                • 436 Posts
                I'm suddenly getting the same thing in Chrome 39.0.2171.42 beta-m. Wasn't happening in previous versions.
                  • 72 Posts
                  Does it work in that Chrome? I will upgrade my chrome to latest version now.

I have: Versjon 38.0.2125.111 m (64-bit)

I dont see the "pager" before it is twentyone categories, but then it appears and everything is ok. I will now upgrade my revo to the latest to see if it is different.

This is what I see in 2.3.1 and 2.3.2

I upgraded to 2.3.2 and the pager dissapeared, so it seems like there is something not working in 2.3.2 with the pager on long dropdownlists like the over 20 categories list. [ed. note: thorjarle last edited this post 9 years, 4 months ago.]
                    • 84 Posts
                    Thanks for your help.

I just found this github issue https://github.com/modxcms/revolution/issues/12087