We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 20 Posts
    I just did an upgrade from 2.2 to 2.3.2 and after the upgrade I attempted to access the manager. My manager is basically blank, which I have experienced in the past before. So I deleted everything in the core/Cache folder and I get the same thing. I then attempted to redo the upgrade but this time turning off the css and JS compression. When accessing the manager I am now receiving an Unexpected Token message:

Unexpected token <:
    Not Found
    The requested URL /adminpanel/undefinedsecurity/user.php was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.23 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.23 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.mdemrsystems.com Port 80

I deleted Version X from the package folder and i'm still receiving this. Any suggestions?
      • 24,544 Posts
      First, you did run setup after transferring the new files, right?

It's possible that one or more files didn't get overwritten in the upgrade, or one or more files is missing or corrupted (fairly common if you use FTP to transfer the files individually).

Another possibility is that you have a plugin that's not compatible with 2.3. You can disable all your plugins in the modx_site_plugins table in the DB (just change the value of the 'disabled' field from 0 to 1).

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 20 Posts
        I SSH into my box and unzipped it locally. I reran the setup and recieved the same error. I then went into the DB and turned on Compress and JSS which removed the error but the manager is still blank. I went into the DB and disabled all plugins which were only 2 (VersionX and Captcha) and I know I have way more than that showing. Still blank.

Any more suggestions?
          • 24,544 Posts
          Yes, try clearing your browser cache and cookies. The JS that's looking for that file may be in the browser. Leftover cookies can cause all kinds of weirdness in the Manager. BTW, the suggestion was to turn compress_js and compress_css *off* not on. I would definitely leave them set to 0 in your situation.
            My MODX Extras
            • 20 Posts
            No dice, tried using a different pc just to make sure. Now my website is completely down and I'm not sure why. I can still access the manager but not the setup URL nor the domain itself. Really odd behavior. Have you seen this before?
              • 24,544 Posts
              Try manually deleting all files in the core/cache directory again.

If that doesn't do it and you haven't changed anything yourself (e.g, .htaccess, FURLs, config.inc.php, config.core.php), I don't know what to suggest.

One possible cause is that in the upgrade, one or more new files did not overwrite the existing ones, either because of the method used to put them in place, or because of file/directory permissions or ownership.

You asked if I had seen this. Personally, I've never had a problem that clearing the cache and cookies didn't fix. Maybe because I've always hosted on MODX-friendly hosts.

My MODX Extras
                • 20 Posts
                I ended up doing a recovery from a backup since it was so screwed up. I'm now back to version 2.2.5. May try to do an upgrade later, do you think I jumped up to far in versions?
                  • 24,544 Posts
                  Yes, that would be my guess. In theory, all the intermediate upgrade steps are applied, but I know there's at least one that isn't (don't know which one). There's at least one table that got an added 'name' field and that doesn't happen with some combinations of upgrades, but sadly, I can't remember which table it is or which upgrade does it.
                    My MODX Extras
                    • 20 Posts
                    Would it be this table located in update 2.2.9?

[#9916] Add TABLE to TRUNCATE command in flushSessions (SQLSRV)

I'm about to update to 2.2.10 and found that in the change log
                      • 20 Posts
                      Ok, I upgraded in increments up to version 2.31. Every single upgrade worked flawlessly except 2.3.1 with CSS and JS disabled. There must be something I need to do in order to get this version to work on my server. Any suggestions on this?