We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    Hi,

I'm the admin of this website: www.lmcuk.com and I just picked it up. While I've done some web development in the past, this is my first week in MODX. I have the following issue:

When searching with the top right search field for any two characters only, the search won't trigger (it should trigger and display a course with the code S7 when searching for S7).

Now, I know that SimpleSearch has as a default a minimum of 3 characters, which I modified to 2, as per SimpleSearch docs (&minChars=`2`) and it indeed works here www.lmcuk.com/search

However, that is not the course search in question, and for the past three days I have been going round and round trying to figure out why a completely different area, that doesn't seem (I'm not sure) to use SimpleSearch still has the same limitations, and how I could potentially modify it to accept searches consisting of only two characters.

It would be tremendously helpful if I could get a hint or a bit of help on this.

Much appreciated.
      • 5,888 Posts
      isn't there a snippet-call on that course-finder - resource or on its template?
        -------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
        • 3 Posts
        Quote from: Bruno17 at Oct 27, 2014, 04:14 PM
        isn't there a snippet-call on that course-finder - resource or on its template?

Not that I could find... But in all honesty, I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking after. I'm not sure it's the same [!SimpleSearch]
          • 5,888 Posts
          you will need to find the resource
          /courses/course-finder in the resource-tree and which template it uses

then find the code, which is inside

<div class="content">

</div>

in that template
            -------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!