We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    So I've just about lost the plot with this site i've got running on a MediaTemple server.

All my problems started when I moved the the modx install to another domain on the same server.

It took a while but I think I managed to sort out most of the problems with my various paths, however, the Gallery addon stopped working recently and now i'm trying to fix it. I was able to access the Gallery manager in the backend this morning, but the front end wouldn't generate thumbnails and clicking on one of the blank thumbnails just refreshes the page.

I uninstalled the Gallery addon, and removed the folders and cleared my caches. I then attempted to reinstall the Gallery package only to find out that any package I attempt to install just leaves me hanging on the "Downloading" progress window. I manually downloaded the package and installed it, however when I click into the backend (Components - Gallery) It just refreshes the dashboard page.

I then attempted to run the setup again to upgrade my Revo install from 'MODX Revolution 2.2.5-pl (traditional)' to the latest version but every time I run the installer I get the All OK to install on every point, then when I click install I simply get "Fatal error: Call to a member function fromArray() on a non-object in /nfs/c08/h02/mnt/125494/domains/'[MYDOMAIN]'/html/setup/includes/upgrades/common/2.3-extension-packages.php on line 79"

I'm honestly losing it with this, any time I manage to fix anything, another problem occurs and I just don't know enough Php to fix it. As I mentioned, everything just started to fall apart once I moved the install from the development subdomain to the newly purchased domain on the same server.

If anyone can help me with this I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.
      • 3 Posts
      Here's the errors from my log, hoping it helps

[2014-10-22 08:01:15] (ERROR @ /assets/components/gallery/connector.php) [phpThumbOf] Could not generate thumbnail: /nfs/c08/h02/mnt/125494/domains/bsmchurch.org.uk/html/bsmchurch.org.uk/assets/gallery/1/14.jpg - Debug: Array
      (
          [0] => phpThumb() v1.7.9-200712090829 in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 216
          [1] => !$this->config_allow_src_above_docroot therefore setting "bsmchurch.org.uk/assets/gallery/1/14.jpg" (outside "/nfs/c08/h02/mnt/125494/domains/bsmchurch.org.uk/html/assets/components/gallery") to null in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 1066
          [2] => setSourceFilename() set $this->sourceFilename to "" in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 243
          [3] => setSourceFilename(/nfs/c08/h02/mnt/125494/domains/bsmchurch.org.uk/html/bsmchurch.org.uk/assets/gallery/1/14.jpg) set $this->sourceFilename to "/nfs/c08/h02/mnt/125494/domains/bsmchurch.org.uk/html/bsmchurch.org.uk/assets/gallery/1/14.jpg" in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 243
          [4] => skipping CleanUpCacheDirectory() set to purge (0.0 days; 0.00MB; 0 files) in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 652
          [5] => skipping CleanUpCacheDirectory() because config set to not use it in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 751
          [6] => CleanUpCacheDirectory() purged 0 files (from 0) based on config settings in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 757
          [7] =>   file_exists() = 0 in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 1101
          [8] => is_executable() = 0 in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 1102
          [9] => ImageMagickThumbnailToGD() aborting because cannot find convert in $this->config_imagemagick_path (), and `which convert` returned (/usr/bin/convert) in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 1131
          [10] => $AvailableImageOutputFormats = array(text;ico;bmp;wbmp;gif;png;jpeg) in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 884
          [11] => $this->thumbnailFormat set to $this->config_output_format "jpeg" in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 895
          [12] => $this->thumbnailFormat set to $this->f "jpeg" in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 902
          [13] => $this->thumbnailQuality set to "90" in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 912
          [14] => ResolveFilenameToAbsolute() NOT prepending $this->config_document_root (/nfs/c08/h02/mnt/125494/domains/bsmchurch.org.uk/html/) to $filename (/nfs/c08/h02/mnt/125494/domains/bsmchurch.org.uk/html/bsmchurch.org.uk/assets/gallery/1/14.jpg) resulting in ($AbsoluteFilename = "/nfs/c08/h02/mnt/125494/domains/bsmchurch.org.uk/html/bsmchurch.org.uk/assets/gallery/1/14.jpg") in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 1022
          [15] => $this->sourceFilename set to "/nfs/c08/h02/mnt/125494/domains/bsmchurch.org.uk/html/bsmchurch.org.uk/assets/gallery/1/14.jpg" in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 813
          [16] => phpThumb() v1.7.9-200712090829

"/nfs/c08/h02/mnt/125494/domains/bsmchurch.org.uk/html/bsmchurch.org.uk/assets/gallery/1/14.jpg" does not exist in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 3647
          [17] => setCacheDirectory() starting with config_cache_directory = "/nfs/c08/h02/mnt/125494/domains/bsmchurch.org.uk/html/assets/components/gallery/cache/" in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 919
          [18] => setting config_cache_directory to realpath(/nfs/c08/h02/mnt/125494/domains/bsmchurch.org.uk/html/assets/components/gallery/cache) = "/nfs/c08/h02/mnt/125494/domains/bsmchurch.org.uk/html/assets/components/gallery/cache" in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 947
          [19] => SetCacheFilename() _src set from md5($this->sourceFilename) "/nfs/c08/h02/mnt/125494/domains/bsmchurch.org.uk/html/bsmchurch.org.uk/assets/gallery/1/14.jpg" = "374c3ce61de2e7926ba1956511599665" in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 3077
          [20] => SetCacheFilename() _par set from md5(_farC_zc1_h100_w100_dpi150_q90) in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 3110
          [21] => starting ExtractEXIFgetImageSize() in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 2897
          [22] => GetImageSize("/nfs/c08/h02/mnt/125494/domains/bsmchurch.org.uk/html/bsmchurch.org.uk/assets/gallery/1/14.jpg") failed in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 2920
          [23] => $this->useRawIMoutput=true after checking $UnAllowedParameters in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 1232
          [24] => ImageMagickThumbnailToGD() aborting because ImageMagickCommandlineBase() failed in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 1865
          [25] => ImageMagickThumbnailToGD() failed in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 2927
          [26] => SetOrientationDependantWidthHeight() starting with ""x"" in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 2876
          [27] => SetOrientationDependantWidthHeight() setting w="100", h="100" in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 2892
          [28] => EXIF thumbnail extraction: (size=0; type=""; 0x0) in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 2979
          [29] => starting SourceImageToGD() in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 3229
          [30] => $this->useRawIMoutput=true after checking $UnAllowedParameters in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 1232
          [31] => ImageMagickThumbnailToGD() aborting because ImageMagickCommandlineBase() failed in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 1865
          [32] => starting ImageCreateFromFilename(/nfs/c08/h02/mnt/125494/domains/bsmchurch.org.uk/html/bsmchurch.org.uk/assets/gallery/1/14.jpg) in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 3152
          [33] => empty $filename or GetImageSize(/nfs/c08/h02/mnt/125494/domains/bsmchurch.org.uk/html/bsmchurch.org.uk/assets/gallery/1/14.jpg) failed in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 3201
          [34] => Populating $rawimagedata in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 3209
          [35] => cannot fopen(/nfs/c08/h02/mnt/125494/domains/bsmchurch.org.uk/html/bsmchurch.org.uk/assets/gallery/1/14.jpg) in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 3212
          [36] => Not using EXIF thumbnail data because $this->exif_thumbnail_data is empty in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 3278
          [37] => $this->gdimg_source is still empty in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 3330
          [38] => ImageMagickThumbnailToGD() failed in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 3332
          [39] => phpThumb() v1.7.9-200712090829

Unknown image type identified by "" () in SourceImageToGD()[3444] in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 3647
          [40] => SourceImageToGD() failed in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 323
      )

• OK, first steps:

- Can you confirm you have a core/cache folder, and that it's writtable? Probably not related, but might as well ask.
        - Have you edited the core path in all 3 config files? Something looks wrong with the paths.
        - Is this a standard install? i.e. do you have any directores above the root?

The download issue may be related to service problems with the MODX paackage provider over the last few days, so I'll assume that for now unless it continues to happen.
          • 3 Posts
          Hi There,

-I do have a core/cache folder and it is writable. The install works but with issues. I can log into the backend but some features just seem to cause problems.
          -I have edited the config.inc.php file within core/config to correct the paths after I moved it from one domain to another on the same server
          -It is a standard install as far as I know. It's on a MediaTemple grid server. Insalled within the 'html' folder of one of the domain directories.

I think you're right, there could still something wrong with the paths, this seemed to be the issue with the gallery before I uninstalled it, the images wouldn't be displaying because it was writing the paths to them incorrectly.

Thanks
            • 24,544 Posts
            The inability to download packages in the latest versions of Revolution is almost always due to mod_security rules on the server. Your host should be able to disable the rules that are causing trouble.

On the other problems, here are some things to try:

Double-check the paths and URLs in config.inc.php (make sure they all end with a slash) and if you moved the site, check the Rewrite Base line in .htaccess (or turn off the Friendly URLs System Setting and rename .htaccss).

Turn off the compress_js and compress_css system settings, log out, delete all files in the core/cache directory, and clear your browser cache *and cookies* before logging back in.

Check the media source paths.

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
              Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
              MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
              My MODX Extras
              Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
              • 5 Posts
              I am having the same "Fatal error" message when trying to upgrade from version 2.2.13 to 2.3.2. The host is Network Solutions.

Fatal error: Call to a member function fromArray() on a non-object in [path to my root]/setup/includes/upgrades/common/2.3-extension-packages.php on line 79

core/cache folder is writable. It is a standard install. I double-checked the paths in the config file and everything looks correct.

First time it happened I had friendly URLs turned on, and compress_js and compress_css were on. I tried your suggestion BobRay and turned those things off and gave the upgrade another go, but got the same "Fatal error" message again.

Now I'm wondering if it could be related to the media source paths. My default_media_source is set to 2, one that I created and has:
              basePath assets/media/
              baseUrl assets/media/
              I assume they're correct since everything seems to be working okay.

But also wondering if it is host-related because I made a backup of the site and set it up locally on MAMP. I was able to upgrade without any issues on MAMP. On my MAMP install the root is in a subfolder.

andyfinch31, were you able to figure out your issue?

It'd be nice to figure it out so I can just update the live site. But if it can't be figured out, I guess I can just update on MAMP and then move it back to the live site, but that's quite the tedious process.

Thanks in advance for any help.

• 24,544 Posts
                From the error message, I'd say it might be an invalid Extra in Package Manager. If, for example, you delete the transport.zip for a package in core/packages, the file is gone but the package is still registered in the database.

SiteCheck is pretty good at handling invalid packages (and a lot of other stuff). It will even try to download the transport.zip file from MODX if it can. It might help you clean up the 2.2.13 site to get it ready for the upgrade.

A couple of other possibilities:

1. You have a plugin that's firing during setup, when the object it's trying to use doesn't exist. Solution: disable all plugins before running setup.

2. You are trying to make too big a jump in versions. Work your way through the intermediate ones. They are on the Previous Releases tab here.
                  My MODX Extras
                  • 5 Posts
                  Thanks BobRay for your reply. I think the issue for me was that not all the files were properly merged from the modx-2.3.2-pl upgrade package into the root folder. When I experienced the error, I had used the file manager in Network Solutions control panel to unzip the ZIP file and move the files into the root folder.

This time I used Coda to FTP the modx-2.3.2-pl files into the root folder, merging the folders and replacing the files. Successful upgrade.

After more searching on Google, I found this old thread - same issue, same solution.
                  http://forums.modx.com/index.php/topic,58302.msg332905.html
                    • 24,544 Posts
                    Interesting, usually it's the other way around. Unzipping in File Manager is usually more reliable and more likely to overwrite the files, and using FTP to transfer them individually often results in missing or corrupted files.

BTW, if you unzip the MODX .zip file as is, all the MODX files go in a subdirectory named for the version, where they do no good.
                      My MODX Extras