We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    As the title says we are using TwitterX on a couple of our sites and the feed is no longer displaying. They were working up until recently so I am not sure if updating the plugin may have caused the feed to break.

There are no error messages in the manager or when I pull up the developer console. I tried putting in static html to see if the snippet is processing the chunk, but nothing appears. However, when I remove the access token I do get an error message on the front end so it is going through at least part of the php script. I have also tried using the provided tpl file and our custom one.

We are using Revo 2.2.15 and TwitterX 1.3.6 (the latest) and here is an example of our snippet call:
    [[TwitterX?
    &twitter_consumer_key=`my_consumer_key`
    &twitter_consumer_secret=`my_consumer_secret`
    &twitter_access_token=`my_access_token`
    &twitter_access_token_secret=`my_access_token_secret`
    &limit=`3`
    &timeline=`user_timeline`
    &chunk=`twitter-tpl`
    &cache=`7200`
    &screen_name=`my_screen_name`
    &include_rts=`0` ]]

Any help or pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
      • 1,154 Posts
      I don't believe the plugin will push updates to you, you have to go into the package management to do that manually (I think).

So that would seem to eliminate changes to the plugin unless you updated recently. Did you update? Its unclear to me now what happened.

For updates to Revo, that's admin stuff, do you handle that and have any updates been applied around that time?

The last thing would be changes on twitter's side, maybe your tool isn't grabbing the twitter feed anymore for some reason.

Maybe you could provide a little more info on my_access_token, which connects with twitter and confirm the login credentials and then grabs the feed. This might be the issue.

HTH
      • Maybe it is a similar problem that has occured with SIMPLX widgeteer mentioned here: http://forums.modx.com/thread/75198/simplx-widgeteer-and-json-feeds#dis-post-512405

That issue could be server specific, so only some installation have that issue.
          • 24,544 Posts
          I'm not sure how old TwitterX is, but I had to rewrite Notify about a year ago when Twitter changed the API.

https://github.com/BobRay/notify/commit/3bdc9bfb61ad3ecc82c17a7aebbf21fccdb472c3

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
            • 436 Posts
            TwitterX 1.3.6 is working fine on all the site's I've used it on. Are you sure app access hasn't been revoked in the Twitter accounts?