We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 290 Posts
    Client contacted me regarding their website, which presents a 503 error on the front end and manager. Pulled the error log via FTP and there are no entries after 9/29. Analytics shows no site activity after 9/29.

I have no idea where to begin on this. From what I've seen on the forum, this sort of thing has been caused by changes within the host environment, like upgrades that resulted in a database moving. They are checking with the host to ensure that nothing like this has occurred, but in the meantime, any suggestions on what to look at?

This question has been answered by wpicotte. See the first response.

• discuss.answer
      • 290 Posts
      This has been resolved. We replaced each absolute config path created on install to $_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"].'/core ... ' .

I think the host made a change that they never told us about (we asked repeatedly and the only answer received was akin to 'your site is working'.
        • 50 Posts
        You should click on the thing at the bottom so that your question no longer appears in the open questions.
          Linda Jenkinson