We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 6 Posts
    I just set up a Revo site on the Media Temple Grid hosting. I have one particular page that gets a lot of traffic (2k-5k pageviews per day), though this issue has occasionally occurred on other pages. This page randomly goes blank after a day or so and will stay that way until the site cache is cleared. The problem seems to be the same as:

http://forums.modx.com/thread/78611/core-cache-file-locks-and-will-not-update

But I tried enabling the "'use_flock' => false" option and it didn't fix the problem. Another odd thing that may be related is that the cache files for that page and most pages (in the /core/cache/resource/web/resources folder) are updated every 30 seconds (I've even tried disabling caching altogether and they are still updated every 30 seconds and I still get the blank page problem). Are the cache files supposed to be updated that often?

Does anyone have any ideas?

Web Server:
    Media Temple Grid Server
    PHP version: 5.3.27 CGI
    Apache/2.2.22
    Linux
    Database:
    MySQL version: 5.1.72
    List of any tables over 1MB in size: modx_site_content is 2.4 MB. modx_session is 34 MB
    MODx:
    Version: ModX Revolution 2.3.1-pl
    Any plugins you’re running: None
    Browser/Client:
    Happens on all browsers

This question has been answered by gadiandi. See the first response.

• discuss.answer
      • 6 Posts
      I ended up solving the problem by setting the resource cache to use memcache instead of the default file system cache. I did this by:

• Installing memcache on my Grid sit: http://kb.mediatemple.net/questions/1682/Installing+PECL+extensions#gs
      • Adding a new System Setting called cache_prefix with a value of "sitename_" (since I host multiple sites on the same machine. This isn't necessary otherwise.)
      • Adding a new System Setting called cache_resource_handler with a value of "cache.xPDOMemCache"