We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 64 Posts
    My MODX articles no longer load properly. I have many articles, but none of them show for editing (as shown in the screenshot below)

I've tried clearing my cache/cookies, multiple browsers, as well as Windows and Mac operating systems; and am still getting the same issue.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Thank you

• 436 Posts
      Are you using the latest version of Articles that has some 2.3 fixes?
        • 64 Posts
        Quote from: absent42 at Aug 26, 2014, 07:51 PM
        Are you using the latest version of Articles that has some 2.3 fixes?

Yes, the problem seems to be a loading issue with MODX itself and not the actual Articles addon
          • 29 Posts
          Hi

Sorry I don't have any words of wisdom or solutions - just reporting the same problem.

After updating a MODx site from version 2.2.14 to 2.3.1 the articles list just shows "No articles yet!" but the pagination still shows page 1 of 3 with per page set to 20 (there are 45 articles in the database)

Tried all combinations of updating articles before and after MODx update, uninstalling and re installing articles - same symptom every time, no articles listed in the backend. Cache clearing doesn't fix either.

Creating a new articles container and then an article within that also has same problem.

Have now run MODx update process 4 times, rolling back and updating.
          Now updating MODx from 2.2.14 to 2.2.15 since it seems like the only route to go down. Ideally I would like the site updated to 2.3.1 but cannot until a solution to the articles problem is found.

wibble

• 24,544 Posts
            It's unlikely that this is your problem, but it's probably worth checking:

http://bobsguides.com/blog.html/2013/05/22/dude,-wheres-my-article-disappearing-articles/
              Did I help you? Buy me a beer
              Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
              MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
              My MODX Extras
              Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
              • 59 Posts
              Quote from: ianelastic at Oct 03, 2014, 12:50 PM
              Hi

Sorry I don't have any words of wisdom or solutions - just reporting the same problem.

After updating a MODx site from version 2.2.14 to 2.3.1 the articles list just shows "No articles yet!" but the pagination still shows page 1 of 3 with per page set to 20 (there are 45 articles in the database)

I have the exact same problem. What I did recently was moving my site to MODx Cloud and the upgrading both MODx and Articles to the newest version. Now when I try to view my existing Articles inside the manager I only get the message "No articles yet!" even though the pagination shows 404 pages (there are thousands of articles). Any solution will be greatly appreciated as I can't move my client to MODx Cloud untill this is fixed.

Regards

rich