We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 416 Posts
    OK, problem solved. Here's what I did.

Since it was apparent the problem was in the imported DB vs the files on the server, I decided to try a selective import. So with a clean and functioning install of modx in a sub-folder, I copied the assets folders that I created (e.g. images, css, js) into the subfolder. Then instead of importing the entire database, I imported individual tables from the DB for teh site content, tmplvars, templates and html snippets.

This brought over only the content and design. Since the plugins, snippets, etc were not affected by these tables, this resulted in a fully functioning site in the folder.

Then I just moved the old site out and moved the newly installed site to the root folder and reran the setup. Configured friendly urls and I'm done.

Whew! What a relief that this actually worked.
      • 21 Posts
      I have a similar problem after the upgrade to 10.0.14 the front end is working fine and the manager is working fine except when I select edit resource I get a blank page...
      the Page data displays fine with the following results just no edit resource no matter how I try to access it?

General
      Title: 'House and Land Packages currently on offer.'
      Long title: (Not set)
      Description: (Not set)
      Summary (introtext): (Not set)
      Type: Resource
      URL alias: (Not set)
      Keywords: (Not set)
      META tags: (Not set)

Changes
      Created: 28-04-2011 14:47:25 (admin)
      Edited: 02-10-2012 15:38:05 (mat)

Status
      Publish date: (Not set)
      Un-publish date: (Not set)
      Cacheable: Yes
      Searchable: Yes
      Menu index: 1
      Show in menu: Yes
      Web access: Public
      Manager access: Public

Markup/structure
      Uses Template: mtcSub
      Edit using rich text editor: Yes
      Resource is Container: Yes

and the Source:
      This Resource has not yet been cached.
        • 7 Posts
        Hello
        I have installed TinyMCE latest 4.3.3 in my modx. But while checking in Page=>editor=>clicking on Help(uper right side in the editor) it shows older version.
        Means the installation is not reflecting.
        But while i uninstalled it it disappears from page.When installs it again same thing happens.
        I have removed uninstalled once and installed fresh package but still.
        Please help..
          • 7 Posts
          I have one more problem.
          I have installed page locker.but the page is not opening while inserting the password.
          Why?
            • 65 Posts
            Quote from: terrybarth at Aug 21, 2014, 09:05 PM
            OK, problem solved. Here's what I did.

Since it was apparent the problem was in the imported DB vs the files on the server, I decided to try a selective import. So with a clean and functioning install of modx in a sub-folder, I copied the assets folders that I created (e.g. images, css, js) into the subfolder. Then instead of importing the entire database, I imported individual tables from the DB for teh site content, tmplvars, templates and html snippets.

This brought over only the content and design. Since the plugins, snippets, etc were not affected by these tables, this resulted in a fully functioning site in the folder.

Then I just moved the old site out and moved the newly installed site to the root folder and reran the setup. Configured friendly urls and I'm done.

Whew! What a relief that this actually worked.

I have the same issue and I just thought of something that I will try tonight. My 1.0.4 site was hacked also (I know, I should have upgraded a long time ago so it's entirely my fault smiley), anyway . . . so I installed a fresh 1.0.14 site and imported the data. What I am going to try is to do an 'upgrade' tonight of the current site, that may overwrite some settings that were imported? I dunno, it may work? If this fails I'll just do what you did above smiley
              • 65 Posts
              Weird!!! I tried the upgrade idea and it seemed to work fine, well it DID work fine on that site. I have another site which I did the same thing on and it doesn't work. Go figure???
                • 65 Posts
                So I just removed TinyMCE, ran the install and only selected TinyMCE and viola, we are good to go!!! smiley