We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,154 Posts
    Hello, some users are having trouble to register on my site. They claim not to have received the registration email.

I know I can just manually make their accounts active, but the way I have it set up I gather info from them on the page they arrive at after confirming their email, and manually activating them means I can't get this info.

Is there a way to do this? I clicked on a non-active user account and found nothing useful in there.

This would really be a helpful function, I hope i can find a way to do this, otherwise I would have to make a new account for them myself.

Maybe I can try to log in with their credentials and use the lost password function? Nope, tried that and no go.
      • 24,544 Posts
      Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question, but if you use Subscribe, or the Register snippet (which Subscribe uses), the user data is collected when they register and the user and profile are created, but with the user marked as inactive.

When they follow the link in the email, they are marked as active and logged in.

To answer your question: If you have things set up as above, you can update the user (since they already exist) and change their password. You'll get the option to email the user's new password to them.

I think the Web Reminder Email (webpwdreminder_message) system setting will be used as the Tpl for the email.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting