We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 158 Posts
    Hi Guys,

Looking to upgrade my website, will there will be any issues running a standard upgrade from 2.2.12 to 2.3.1?

Looking for the best advice.

Thanks
    Brett
      • 219 Posts
      Shouldn't be but I always recommend backing up your install before upgrading.

Also, some extras are not yet compatible with 2.3, you should check this list: https://github.com/modxcms/revolution/issues/11630
        Find me on Twitter, GitHub or Google+
      • If you're using a customized MODX Manager theme, you really should reset to the default, prior to upgrading. Due to the change in actions changing to names over IDs, you may also need to look at any custom Menu actions you're using.
          Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
        • I haven't had any issues. My method:

Login to MODX.
          Run CacheClear (if installed).
          Flush All Sessions.
          Login to CPanel.
          Go to core/cache and manually delete all files and folders.
          Archive the files (so I can unarchive them quickly if there is an issue).
          Backup the database.
          Upload the 2.3.1 Archive.
          Unarchive the archive.
          Run Setup.
          Login to MODX and confirm the Manager works, including things like MIGX, Forms Customization, etc.
          Confirm the front end works.