We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 131 Posts
    Hi all,
    We're doing a multi-language install which uses both FormIt and Login. All the error messages are coming up in English for both versions. I need to work out how to duplicate, then change the error messages for the foreign language version. For example, various messages for "Login" come from the placeholder [[+loginfp.errors]] but I'm not sure where to begin on this one.
    Thanks
      • 131 Posts
      In case anyone passes this way again and has had trouble finding/understanding information on this as I did, this post on adding Babel lexicons was useful and pointed me in the right direction. http://forums.modx.com/?action=thread&thread=70846

For the Login plugin, I followed these steps (in 2.2.14 version):
      1) Navigated to the core/components/login folder ( via FTP or SSH)
      2) Opened the lexicon folder, saw the "en" folder, copied it, renaming it "zh" in my case
      3) Went into the Modx manager, clicking on System->Lexicon Mngmt-> then selected "Namespace:login" and "Topic:updateprofile" (as it was the "update profile" screens I was working on). Selected "zh" in Language dropdown, as this had now appeared, due to me creating the folder in step 2
      4)Found the appropriate entries I wanted to change in the list e.g. name:login.profile_updated value:Profile Updated. Clicking on Profile Updated allows you to edit and change the message to your new translated phrase.
      5)Navigated in Manager to the page/chunk in question where the message was displayed. Found reference to [[%login.profile_updated.......]] and added &language=`zh` to get [[%login.profile_updated?&language=`zh`....

Repeat 4-5 for other messages needing changing.

I presume to process is similar in Modx2.3. I presume also for any other components / plugins, they will also have a lexicon folder in their folder in core/components/

Good luck