We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 64 Posts
    Quote from: odeclas at Jul 28, 2014, 02:59 PM
    When I last had this issue it was permissions based - the user running modx didn't have write permission to the packages folder.

Although from memory it can also be a cURL thing where the MODX manager thinks it's going to download something so you see the modal on click of Download, but the connection is never established. Have you talked to your web host?

The packages folder under core has the permissions 755, so the user does have write permissions

How would I fix the cURL issue?

I have contacted my host, and they said to contact modx..
    • There are two possible permission problems on Linux servers - the file permission and ownership - the files/folders should typically be 644/755 respectively. They should also typically be owned by your user, which can be checked using the "ls -l" command if you have shell access.

It's uncommon to have ownership problems, but can occur depending on the hosts configuration. It's more likely you are having problems with cURL/fsock, both of which can be disabled by your host.

Do you have any messages in your cPanel Error Log, any error_log files or anything in the MODX Error Log? What about any Network related errors? You can check for network errors in your browser, Chrome for example right click on the page and select Inspect Element, then select the Network tab. I recommend doing this just before clicking the download button and waiting 30-60 seconds just in case the timeout takes a while.
        Patrick | Server Wrangler
        About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting