We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 79 Posts
    Using:
    MODX 2.2.14 (about to upgrade to 2.2.15)
    TinyMCE 4.3.3

Hi Everyone,

I've run into an issue with TinyMCE on MODX 2.2.14:

Whenever I try adding a link to an image in TinyMCE, after selecting the URL of the file to link it to and setting the target to "Open in a new window (_blank)", the popup reloads without any styling, and there's no way for me to insert that link.

I have uninstalled TinyMCE and reinstalled it, and the same thing happens.

I created a short video demonstrating the issue here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JhHsJNxaDM.

Please help!
    Thank you.

jm
      Jean-Marc Buytaert (@jmbuytaert)

MODX truly is the greatest thing that's ever happened to the Internet.
    • I'm just going to throw this out there, have you cleared the cache? Manually delete files in the core/cache folder.

If not, it's worth a try.

If that fails, try updating to 2.2.15, or if you're concerned reinstall 2.2.14 with a nice fresh zip file, extracted on the server (not FTP).

Anything in the error log?
        Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
        "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
        Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
        • 79 Posts
        Hi Frogabog,

Thanks for your answer, and sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I have done the following:

• Cleared the cache
        • Manually deleted the files in the core/cache folder
        • Updated to 2.2.15
        • Updated to 2.3.1

There is nothing in the error log.

I have no idea what to do. Please help.
          Jean-Marc Buytaert (@jmbuytaert)

MODX truly is the greatest thing that's ever happened to the Internet.
        • Do you have any network errors that might prevent it from working properly? On Google Chrome right click anywhere on the page, and chose Inspect Element. Select the Network Tab and then try to make the change. Note any errors or missing resources.
            Patrick | Server Wrangler
            About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting