We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 322 Posts
    Quote from: AMDbuilder at Jul 27, 2014, 09:33 PM
    It's possible the downloads are hitting some form of GoDaddy timeout, perhaps script runtime or processing related. Can you check for any error message in the Network tab for your browser? (Chrome: Right Click on page > Inspect Element > Network tab)

You may need to give it 60 seconds in total depending on their timeout limits. Please note the network tab should be opened just before clicking Download for the extra.

I'm having the same problem. My host has switched to LiteSpeed recently, so maybe there's a connection? Anyway, sites in 2.2.14 on this server can download and update packages just fine. In 2.3.1, updating brings up in an endless "Downloading" message. I did what you suggested with Chrome, and I get this:

It doesn't matter if I update or go to the download screen, same result. Is there something different about the way 2.3.1 sends the requests to download package files?
      • 322 Posts
      It turns out the way MODX 2.3 is handling download of packages is triggering some mod_security rules. My host disabled these rules for my site, and I can now download and upgrade packages. The rule numbers are:

• 50 Posts
        Quote from: rainbowtiger at Aug 08, 2014, 09:50 PM
        It turns out the way MODX 2.3 is handling download of packages is triggering some mod_security rules. My host disabled these rules for my site, and I can now download and upgrade packages. The rule numbers are:

Thank you @rainbowtiger, just contact the hosting and they fixed this for me. Now all works as it should be.
        • If I recall correctly mod_security rule numbers do vary based on the lists being used, so you should test and remove the appropriate rules based on your servers ruleset.
            Patrick | Server Wrangler
            About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
            • 1,118 Posts
            I am also having this issue. clean install of 2.3.1 - Try and add any addon - just a never ending Downloading loop... I have removed the SETUP directory during the setup process.... any ideas???
              • 24,544 Posts
              As mentioned above, a mod_security issue with the host is the most likely cause.
                Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                My MODX Extras
                Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                • 1,118 Posts
                Quote from: BobRay at Oct 16, 2014, 06:37 AM
                As mentioned above, a mod_security issue with the host is the most likely cause.

Thanks Bob - any ideas on how to resolve the mod_security issue?
                  • 322 Posts
                  Quote from: dubbs at Oct 16, 2014, 08:55 AM

You have to contact your web host and ask them to check the server logs and see what mod_security rules are being triggered, and then to disable those rules for your site.
                    • 8 Posts
                    Quote from: rainbowtiger at Oct 16, 2014, 01:02 PM
                    Quote from: dubbs at Oct 16, 2014, 08:55 AM

You have to contact your web host and ask them to check the server logs and see what mod_security rules are being triggered, and then to disable those rules for your site.
                    • I always just get the webhost to white label the site and remove the mod_security rules.