We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 168 Posts
    Hi,

My server was upgraded to MySQL 5.5 and php to 5.4.30. The WHM/cpanel was also upgraded.

After the upgrade MODx has problems downloading addons and gives these errors:

[2014-07-15 14:39:04] (ERROR @ /home/connectors/workspace/packages-rest.php) Could not open file for reading: http://modx.s3.amazonaws.com/extras/4f6e2782f245544fe8000014/ace-1.5.0-pl.transport.zip?revolution_version=Revolution-2.2.13-pl
    [2014-07-15 14:39:04] (ERROR @ /home/connectors/workspace/packages-rest.php) MODX could not download the file. You must enable allow_url_fopen, cURL or fsockopen to use remote transport packaging.
    [2014-07-15 14:39:04] (ERROR @ /home/connectors/workspace/packages-rest.php) Could not download package at: http://modx.s3.amazonaws.com/extras/4f6e2782f245544fe8000014/ace-1.5.0-pl.transport.zip

But according to my host, all three are installed/working: curl, allow_url_fopen, and fsockopen.

Any ideas on this? I can send a link to phpinfo but would rather do that privately. [ed. note: pixelstation last edited this post 9 years, 9 months ago.]
      • 3,975 Posts
      I think its not your host, but an issue with a modx pkg manager server. I just tried and I was unable to download one package i tried randomly.

Could not download package at: http://modx.s3.amazonaws.com/extras/53c41f9762cf242502002e16/asset manager-1.0.0-pl.transport.zip

But when I tried to download Wayfinder, it worked fine.
        Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
        • 168 Posts
        I have confirmed a package download error on a couple other modx installations that I have.

What has me puzzled is that no one else has spoken about it?
        • If I request the link in the opening post via the browser, the link works fine, so this is definitely an environment issue. I'm wondering if the asset manager may be failing because of the space in the filename?
            Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
            • 168 Posts
            Thanks Mark - the error I just got is "Could not connect to the selected provider". Then I tried a second time and got the error saying it can't download the amazonaws transport file. So I am wondering now if the IP is blocked for some reason?

It works from a MODx install on another server.
              • 168 Posts
              So this seems to be very inconsistent. I just tried from the original site and was able to download SEO Tab and HybridAuth without problems. Don't know what's going on here. Still can't download asset manager but like you said it could be the space in the filename. Asset Manager has clocked 75 downloads though.