We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 178 Posts
    Hello all,
    Using Revo 2.2.14
    I am having a problem with the editor when inserting code containing the <object> call to insert a pdf file in a page.

Inserting the following code into the content of a Resource with the WYSIWYG editor turned off:
    <p><object width="100%" height="750px" data="assets/resources/committee/myfile.pdf" type="application/pdf"><param name="src" value="assets/resources/committee/myfile.pdf" /><p>

and saving, the code works perfectly, displaying the pdf as expected.

However, if I return to the WYSIWYG editor to view and then toggle back to the code view (making no changes), I find that the code has been changed - as below:
    <p><object width="100%" height="750px" data="assets/resources/committee/myfile.pdf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param name="src" value="assets/resources/committee/myfile.pdf" /><p>

Note that
    type="application/pdf"
    has been changed to
    type="application/x-shockwave-flash"

If this altered code is saved the pdf file will not be displayed.

Why does the editor change the code with absolutely no input from me?

Thanks [ed. note: bobd72 last edited this post 9 years, 10 months ago.]
    • Check your TinyMCE settings, I suspect something might be disallowed causing the problem.
        Patrick | Server Wrangler
        About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
        • 178 Posts
        Quote from: AMDbuilder at Jun 13, 2014, 01:34 AM
        Check your TinyMCE settings, I suspect something might be disallowed causing the problem.
        Thanks AMDbuilder,
        I'm not sure where TinyMCE settings are located - I can't see anything in the editor itself nor in system settings?

It would appear that the replacement may be coming from editor_plugin.js but if there are settings which control this I am unable to find them?

Thanks for the help
        • System Settings > TinyMCE Filter
            Patrick | Server Wrangler
            About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
            • 178 Posts
            Thanks AMDbuilder. I had a look there but nothing jumps out as being relevent.