We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 6 Posts
    Hi - we're responding to a brief from an insurance company. We've built plenty of Modx of sites and would like to use Modx for this current project.

The brief requires that Policy documents (PDF's) can be easily managed - i.e.

• Versioned
    • Categorized
    • Expired

Is using static resources + VersionX the best method? This options seems a bit clunky & I think they are hoping for some polished asset management module - does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks,

Tim. [ed. note: timmyd last edited this post 9 years, 9 months ago.]
      • 60 Posts
      The PDF documents are created outside of MODX, right? Otherwise you could have MODX handle all the data (in resources) and let MODX produce the output PDFs... in this case VersionX should be ok. If PDF docs are created somewhere else and just uploaded, I think a specialized Document Management System would be the better solution...

Jens
        • 6 Posts
        Thanks for your reply - Yes they'll be managed by the client externally.

Indeed I think Modx probably wont meet their expectations for document management - maybe we'll look into harnessing amazon S3 / Alfresco instead.

Thanks,

Tim.