We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 90 Posts

[2014-02-19 14:06:21] (ERROR @ /connectors/system/phpthumb.php) phpThumb was unable to generate a thumbnail for: /home/h015/domains/boteh-nation.com/public_html/core/cache/phpthumb/www.boteh-nation.com__src5eb47ba5323cfd80706862a2317a66e5_par60298683a905d0480b15afd0beff8766_dat0.jpeg
    [2014-02-19 14:06:21] (ERROR @ /connectors/system/phpthumb.php) Error outputting thumbnail:
    OutputThumbnail() failed because !is_resource($this->gdimg_output) in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 578

Somehow a gallery media-source type will not render normal imageTVs (from cache) in the manager.
    This is a shame because i l prefer to let clients use the image browser of gallery to select images from albums.
    I have seen this behavior in all installs an all websites with all versions of modx.

Just test it and you will see.

Behaviour:

After selecting a image from a album for a resources regular imageTV i see the image in the manager with this path:

assets/gallery/87/1290.jpg

it's in view and all is fine.

Now
    After reloading the page the image won't render and this error will appear in the log.

adjusting the path to /assets/gallery/87/1290.jpg will make the image render.

Why is the path okay the first time but wrong the next?

Hope someone knows a solution.
    Till now i will always ended up with a normal fileserver type media-source.
    This however comes with the normal filebrowser and will show image numbers instead of image names like the gallery browser does.

Thnx
    Hurby

Sommige mensen hebben aan een half woord genoeg
      • 219 Posts
      I can replicate using MODX 2.2.13 & Gal 1.6.1, looks like a def bug to me. Will start an issue on github.

Update - Issue opened: https://github.com/modxcms/Gallery/issues/17 [ed. note: davidpede last edited this post 10 years ago.]
        Find me on Twitter, GitHub or Google+
        • 219 Posts
        Hurby, could you also confirm if your thumbnails are displaying correctly within the modx file browser when using a gallery media-source? Mine are not being resized (see attached screen grab). Might be a separate bug.

Update - Issue opened: https://github.com/modxcms/Gallery/issues/18 [ed. note: davidpede last edited this post 10 years ago.]
          Find me on Twitter, GitHub or Google+
        • I'm also having the same problem.
          Using Gallery 1.6.2 and modx 2.2.14

Image selected is not rendered correctly and thumbnails are not being resized.
          The exact same result as David screenshot.