We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • O.k. those are a lot of questions.

1. Did the thumbnails ever work - Yes. They worked fine on Revo 2.2.8. I did the update to 2.2.10 and they all died.

2. I'll check on GD and Imagemagick. I'm assuming so since everything worked fine until the update.

3. I have not looked at any php error logs. To be honest, I don't know how, don't know much about php and typically try not to get to involved in that type of stuff. I'm a visual designer who taught myself web design and I try to do my best. Doesn't work well when things go wrong like this.

4. Also don't know how to turn on Logging and probably wouldn't understand what was logged.

5. The error log in ModX says - It is too large to be viewed. You can download it by clicking. When I click I get the following error: {"success":false,"message":"Access denied.","total":0,"data":[],"object":{"code":401}}

6. It seems like some kind of permission error to me as well. Again, I made no changes to php.ini file. Below is the code from my php.ini file:
    zend_extension = /usr/local/ioncube/ioncube.so
    register_globals = Off
    magic_quotes_gpc = Off
    post_max_size = 20M
    memory_limit = 200M
    upload_max_filesize = 20M
    max_execution_time = 120
    expose_php = Off
    session.save_path = /tmp
    mysqli.default_socket = /tmp/mysql5.sock
    mysql.default_socket = /tmp/mysql5.sock
    error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED
    date.timezone = "America/New_York"​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

I'm at a loss here.

Quote from: smashingred at Jan 27, 2014, 08:01 PM
    Oh, Michael. I am so sorry. I misread your OP completely. Yeah, this is not at all related to what was going on before. Did the thumbs ever work on either of these servers? Do you have GD and Imagemagick installed? Have you looked at the php error logs? Have you turned on logging so you get errors reported on actions? Are there any errors in the error log in MODX. Your access denied on upload sounds like you don't have file upload permissions which is normally set in php.ini.
      Michael Smull
      http://www.bigpixelstudio.com
      twitter: @mdsdesign
    • One more update....

Here is the list of installed software. I do not see GD. What exactly is GD. I can check with my host to see if we have it.

PHP 5.3 (more info)5.3.26 (default)-
      PHP 5.4 (more info)5.4.21-
      PHP Settings (edit)--
      PERL (more info)5.10.1/usr/bin/perl
      Ruby1.8.7/usr/local/bin/ruby
      Python 22.6.6/usr/local/bin/python
      Python 33.1.3/usr/bin/python3
      MySQL 55.5.32-
      ImageMagick-/usr/local/bin
      NetPBM-/usr/local/netpbm/bin
      Sendmail-/usr/lib/sendmail
        Michael Smull
      • Have you checked the paths in the systems settings for Gallery package - I've got a feeling these changed from 2.2.8 to 2.2.10 because I recall having a similar problem.

Check the attached.
          Helen Warner
          Number one pixel!
          Proud to be linked with MODX at Crimson Pixel
        • Thanks for the suggestion however, it's not just a Gallery problem. Anywhere in the ModX Manager where thumbnails should be present there is a problem. Full size images are fine, it's just with thumbnails. Take a look at the two attachments. The ModX Resource Browser as well as the Gallery thumbnail area are not working. That is also true of the NewsPublisher Extra that we are using.

So, something with thumbnails is broken and I'm completely stuck. I have to find a fix for this. Not sure what to do next and for the first time in a long time I haven't found anyone else who knows what's going on. Very frustrating.

There's an answer out there somewhere. Hope to find it soon.

Quote from: boomerang at Jan 27, 2014, 10:57 PM
          Have you checked the paths in the systems settings for Gallery package - I've got a feeling these changed from 2.2.8 to 2.2.10 because I recall having a similar problem.

Check the attached.
            Michael Smull
          • Well, this just keeps getting worse. I just tried removing the links to my gallery on the page and realized that I can't even save the files any longer. I make a change on the page in the manager and I get the Access Denied error when I try to save the page!

Now what?

See the attachment.
              Michael Smull
            • O.k. My web host found the problem with the thumbnails. The problem was related to the permissions of the /home/fineganfh/www/www/core/model/phpthumb/phpthumb.class.php. This file had 000 permissions. We changed them to 775, and this seems to have fixed the problem.

Not sure what's going on with the Access Denied crap, but after searching the forums I found other people having the problem and logging out and back in worked, but that doesn't really seem to be a real fix.
                Michael Smull