We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 4 Posts
    Hey guys, modx is a nice cms and i like it so far, but downside is that the community isnt that big and youll need to buy the tuturoial handbook.

anyways, overall i like it. start reading from here if you want to read my question, its ok i know youve read it all. anyways

how do i add templates to my modx? theres 1 file (index.html) and a default dir which contains a css file and a js file. but where exactly should i upload these files to. im using filezilla.

i know i can upload to root folder but then i need to write a extenstion to my website. eg mydomain.com/index.html

is it possible to upload it and install it from modx like i did with the other templates(blacknblue) and then edit it in the manager?

thanks beforehand.
      • 436 Posts
      Go to the elements tab in tree on the left hand side and click the 'New Template' icon.
        • 4 Posts
        Thanks for your answer sir. Hm I've checked the element tab, i can only find a option called new tv. But nothing there shows or give any form of upload ability?
          • 436 Posts

You don't upload templates to MODX, you create them inside the manager, or paste them into the manager.

Have a look here for a basic MODX overview: http://codingpad.maryspad.com/beginner-tutorials/
            • 4 Posts
            Alright sir, I'll read that tutorial. Thanks for your help I really appreciate it. Cheers
              • 24,544 Posts
              You can also right-click on the Templates folder in the Element tree and select the option to create a new Template.
                Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                My MODX Extras
                Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                • 4 Posts
                Quote from: BobRay at Oct 29, 2013, 10:20 PM
                You can also right-click on the Templates folder in the Element tree and select the option to create a new Template.

thanks for your answer sir.

and btw its a pleasure that someone big as you writes in my thread, youre guides are pro!

btw, i did as you said but i still dont know where to put the css and js files that came with the template download.

thanks beforehand
                • I go through the entire process of integrating a template into MODX in my 5 part tutorial here.

Let us know if you still have any issues.

Good Luck.
                    Benjamin Marte
                    Interactive Media Developer
                    Follow Me on Twitter | Visit my site | Learn MODX
                    • 436 Posts
                    Quote from: agphys at Oct 30, 2013, 04:02 PM
                    btw, i did as you said but i still dont know where to put the css and js files that came with the template download.

Create a folder and upload them via the Files tab or upload them via FTP as you would normally do. Or make a new resource in MODX and set the Content Type to CSS or javascript if you want to dynamically link to them as you would other MODX resources with [[~id]]