We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 17 Posts
    Hi!

I want to make some parts of the page layout info (e.g., a phone number, an address, etc. in the site header) editable by site users, but not burden them with templates/chunks. At the same time, giving them the full set of system settings along with the needed ones could be equally confusing and even dangeruos.

So, is it possible to give a user/a group access to some of the system settings in Revo, while all the others will remain invisible to them?

Thanks!

This question has been answered by multiple community members. See the first response.

• discuss.answer
      • 24,544 Posts

Please don't double post.

I'm afraid users either have access to System Settings, or not.

One solution would be to create a form or a Custom Manager Page with the System Settings they should see and set the real System Settings from that.

You could also create a Resource with its own Template and Template Variables for each System Setting you want to give them access to. Then a plugin could set the System Settings when the Resource is saved.

You might look at Mark Hamstra's ClientConfig extra. I'm not sure if it will do what you want or not.

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 17 Posts
        @BobRay Sorry it took me so long to reply. Now I got back to the project, and first wanted to invent some wheels with CMP, but it seems that ClientConfig already did that for me =) The extra solves the task perfectly, thank you for the hint.
        • discuss.answer
          • 24,544 Posts
          Glad I could help. smiley
            Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting