We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 93 Posts
    Hi there,

Just done a new install of 2.2.7 but the Package manager isn't working.
    When I click Download Extras I just get this error message:

An error occurred while connecting to the Provider: MODX received a blank response from the provider. Please double check your service URL and make sure the provider is a valid provider.

Is the Modx provider working?

Thanks!
      • 1,572 Posts
      Working fine for me, can you try again
        • 93 Posts
        Thanks Paulp, yes I've tried reinstalling the whole thing and still get the same issue.
        I'm using a host which I've used dozens of times in the past with no problems. Any ideas?
          • 3 Posts
          Hello.
          I have received the same message:

An error occurred while connecting to the Provider: MODX received a blank response from the provider. Please double check your service URL and make sure the provider is a valid provider.

[2014-11-25 09:56:00] (ERROR @ /modx1-test/connectors/index.php) Could not connect to provider at: http://rest.modx.com/extras/

Are there special requirements for PHP or Operation System to work Download Extras function?
          Why the MODX said "everything is OK" during the installation process?
          Please help.

MODX Revolution 2.3.2-pl (traditional)
          MySQL 5.1.37
          PHP Version 5.3.10
          cURL support enabled
          • There's been some stability issues with the provider recently, so maybe you tried to connect when it was not responsive. It's something the MODX team is working on improving, but it doesn't seem an easy task wink

Just cURL should be enough, but if you're still having issues, you can try checking the php configuration to make sure allow_url_fopen is enabled, sometimes it helps (even though curl alone should be enough).
              Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
              • 615 Posts
              Just a note: I have received the same message today january 23. on a clean Revo 2.3.2. installation. allow_url_fopen is enabled.

Quote from: asidorov72 at Nov 25, 2014, 10:01 AM
              Hello.
              I have received the same message:

[2014-11-25 09:56:00] (ERROR @ /modx1-test/connectors/index.php) Could not connect to provider at: http://rest.modx.com/extras/

Are there special requirements for PHP or Operation System to work Download Extras function?
              Why the MODX said "everything is OK" during the installation process?
              Please help.

MODX Revolution 2.3.2-pl (traditional)
              MySQL 5.1.37
              PHP Version 5.3.10
              cURL support enabled
              [ed. note: Sylvaticus last edited this post 9 years, 2 months ago.]
                I think, thererfor I am! But what I am, and why...?
                • 24,544 Posts
                This happened to me last night around one a.m. EST. A little while later, it was fine.
                  Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                  Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                  MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                  My MODX Extras
                  Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting