We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 305 Posts
    Where can I find the admin e-mail that gets sent when I change a password and have the new password sent to the user?

In order to find this: Security>Manage Users. Then pick a user, update user. Check new password box, Password notification method: last, check the box: Send the new password by e-mail. This is the e-mail I am looking to modify. Where can I modify this e-mail text and what is the name of the chunk or snipplet name?
      Making the web a better place on site at a time! Dayton Web Design: http://www.dayton-web-design.com/
      • 211 Posts
      It's in system settings -> authentication and security -> web signup email (websignupemail_message)
        • 305 Posts
        You know what they say: "If it would have been a snake it would have bit me." I was surprised to see it under system settings; I thought maybe I had to look in a chunk or modify code on a page. No, MODx is configured properly that's why its in system settings. Right where it makes sense but I am not used to proper design. Thank you.
          Making the web a better place on site at a time! Dayton Web Design: http://www.dayton-web-design.com/
          • 863 Posts
          ...makes sense until you need it for users who don't speak English. There appears to only be an English version, unless I've missed something.

The sensible place to have this would probably be either in chunks or lexicons
            • 211 Posts
            you can have different context or user setting with another version.
              • 863 Posts
              you can have different context or user setting with another version.
              That works for front-end (if your contexts represent language-versions), but not for the manager.

It's impractical to add a setting to each user to handle this, and if you have a lot of users then it's a nightmare when you want to change the template.
                • 211 Posts
                True, what we need is user group settings for that.
                  • 863 Posts
                  I haven't tried this (I doubt the chunk or settings tags would be parsed), but a nice solution would be to replace the current system setting template with something like the following:

[[$websignupemail]]-[[++manager_language]]

Then set up chunks (or lexicons) for each language supported, containing the translated notification:

websignupemail-en
                  websignupemail-fr

That's also flawed as the email generated would be in the language of the currently logged in user (not necessarily the one who is receiving the notification) - but you get the idea.