We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 244 Posts
    Hey all,

I updated site from Evolution 1.05 to 1.0.10 and now can't log in. My password had both an [ and a ] in it. I thought something was weird so I went through the "forgot password" process. I clicked link in email which logged me into manager. I then reset password with out those characters in it and login went fine. I changed password back to have a [ and a ] in it and I couldn't log back in. I definitely typed it correctly.

My major concern is that I have several websites that each have 1000+ web users and for those sites with prexisting passwords, I know some of users will have characters that might crash login process. What files were changed that would impact login process? Is this impacted by new hash algorithms? How do I / is it possible pick the legacy algorithm to circumvent issue?

-Noah
      • 128 Posts
      Same problem. i have upgraded a 1.0.6 to 1.0.10 and now i can't login :-(
        "Destiny is not a matter of chance, it's a matter of choice"
      • Mark Hamstra Reply #3, 11 years ago
        This was reported and apparently a fix for it has also been added here: http://tracker.modx.com/issues/9870
          Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
          • 128 Posts
          I have tried many updates. All upgrade by 1.0.6 to 1.0.10 is wrong. Updating by 1.0.9 to 1.0.10 all works fine.
            • 128 Posts
            My problem with the new protect.inc.php remains. I can not get into the manager and also recovers the password does not work
              • 128 Posts
              my password does not contain special characters
                • 128 Posts
                i have tried this http://rtfm.modx.com/display/Evo1/Reset+your+Password+-+Unblock+your+User for reset password but i cant login. No error messager is displayed. I can provide all the information that you want to solve the problem.
                [ed. note: fabryshock last edited this post 11 years ago.]
                  • 24,544 Posts
                  The last resort method is to create a new install somewhere and (after making sure you can log in to the new site) cut-and-paste all the fields for the admin user from the modx_users table of the new site to the broken one.

If that doesn't work, you may have a corrupted or missing file from the upgrade, especially if you used FTP to transfer the files individually. It's fairly common with FTP.
                    Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                    Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                    MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                    My MODX Extras
                    Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting