We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 97 Posts
    Hi, I have some problem: after moving to another server, if i try to access "Package management" page in manager, I get "No data to display" in packages list.

In error log I get:

[2013-03-22 21:20:20] (ERROR @ /mod/connectors/workspace/packages.php) Error HY000 executing statement:
    Array
    (
    [0] => HY000
    [1] => 1064
    [2] => You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'SELECT
    `signature`
    FROM `modxbs_t
    )

All extensions work fine in frontend.

Table modxbs_transport_packages exists in db and is same as before moving.

How can I fix it?
    Thx
    • Check the path in the workspaces table. Although that may not be wrong and the packages will remain broken.
      Something is preventing the workspaces table path from working properly, once moved. Workspaces table should have {{core_path}} set, and usually does when checked. This should work fine, and normally does. It just doesn't seem to after a move.

I can't find the recent threads that discussed this/similar issue but I've run into it the last 3 times I moved a site. My work around is to pull all the transport.zip files out of the core/packages folder, and re-upload them all. It tends to reset how MODX validates that the transport.zip files exist in the directory that they actually exist in. (core/packages)

Now, I did it one by one by running the uninstaller till it wouldn't uninstall anymore (package typically remains), attempting a remove, and then manually deleting the transport.zip file. If remove doesn't work, just delete the transport.zip anyway. Then, download a new copy from package management and reinstall. This would be the more time consuming way to resolve it, however. I recall someone else had a better/faster solution.

Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
        "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
        Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
        • 97 Posts
        Quote from: frogabog at Mar 24, 2013, 12:42 AM
        Check the path in the workspaces table. Although that may not be wrong and the packages will remain broken.
        Something is preventing the workspaces table path from working properly, once moved. Workspaces table should have {{core_path}} set, and usually does when checked. This should work fine, and normally does. It just doesn't seem to after a move.

I can't find the recent threads that discussed this/similar issue but I've run into it the last 3 times I moved a site. My work around is to pull all the transport.zip files out of the core/packages folder, and re-upload them all. It tends to reset how MODX validates that the transport.zip files exist in the directory that they actually exist in. (core/packages)

Now, I did it one by one by running the uninstaller till it wouldn't uninstall anymore (package typically remains), attempting a remove, and then manually deleting the transport.zip file. If remove doesn't work, just delete the transport.zip anyway. Then, download a new copy from package management and reinstall. This would be the more time consuming way to resolve it, however. I recall someone else had a better/faster solution.

Hi, thx for reply,

I've double checked a core path in workspaces table - it's ok. I've try deleting everything from core/packages folder and clearing transport_packages table, then downloading packages via manager, it doesn't help. Still the same "no data to display" in manager under packages, and always the same error in log (as above)... (
        • When you moved to the new server, did you reinstall MODX? If not, or... even if you did. Try that. Make sure not to use FTP, but upload a new .zip file to the server, and unpack it on the server itself (control panel or extract tool). Then re-run setup, like an upgrade.

Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
            "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
            Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
            • 97 Posts
            Quote from: frogabog at Mar 24, 2013, 10:57 PM
            When you moved to the new server, did you reinstall MODX? If not, or... even if you did. Try that. Make sure not to use FTP, but upload a new .zip file to the server, and unpack it on the server itself (control panel or extract tool). Then re-run setup, like an upgrade.

Hi, sure i've reinstalled MODx after I've moved. I also tryed reinstalling again after I did noticed this problem. Today I've tried to intall fresh MODx on same Server and I've got an error by DB initialisation - "could not get available collations" or something like that (i don't get this error by Update of moved site). So i think, there can be a problem with DB itself. MySQL version is 4.something, I've contacted provider to update to 5. So I'm waiting for an answer.
              • 97 Posts
              So, the problem was MySQL Version. After updete to 5.5.30 everything works as it should.