We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 17 Posts
    Hi there,

I'm having issues with the file browser after migrating to another server. I can see the folders but not the files. I have tried the following:

- changed media source to point to /assets (also tried assets and /assets/)
    - all folders and files within assets have 777 permissions
    - cleared site cache
    - deleted all folders within core/cache
    - flushed permissions
    - in system settings set the compress js to 'No'

If I change the path to another folder it can always find the folders one level down (eg in assets it finds components, images and files) but it can't see anything else - no deeper folders and no files.

I tried putting an image directly in the assets folder (As opposed to assets/images) and it breaks the file manager completely so it finds nothing.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Tom
    • Check your /core/configs/config.inc.php file; there are a number of places where the paths need to be edited when you move a site.
        Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
        Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
        Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
        • 17 Posts
        Thanks for the reply. The paths in my config file are correct. I've got everything else working ok with the migration but this file browser issue is proving tricky.

The file browser is able to see the folders. For instance I can add a new folder to the assets directory and the file manager picks it up... it just doesn't like files. The paths are definitely correct though, as i can change them and lose even the ability to see the folders in assets.
          • 17 Posts
          Anyone have any ideas on this? I've tried all sorts of things, changed file permissions, cleared browser and site cache (included cache files via FTP).

It can see folders but not files which seems very strange to me.
            • 17 Posts
            I've tried uploading a file using the file browser for a template variable that is an image and it works (Checked via FTP) - it just isn't displayed in the file browser. The paths must be correct in order for it to upload surely?

Are there any settings for the file browser that can be changed - the js or something?

• 17 Posts
              I found the problem.

The server did not have the multibye extension installed.

Going to system settings and turning use_multibye to 'no' fixed the problem.

• 30 Posts
                Hi, just wondering if you have any further advice on this. I'm having the same problem with 2.2.4. I tried this, but it made no difference. There are no files in the files browser, only a folder called media?

Cheers