We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 88 Posts
    Hello all MODX users and developers,

Am looking for people who would like to test the upcoming release. This is unofficial "patch" of new xPDO driver and MODX 2.3-DEV version. And I am facing the situation that to go through all possible features that I might have not even ever used could take a good while and possibly do not even fully comprehend how some things do work. Just fixing errors that do not throw errors take a good while.

So am leaning towards you, our great community to take on the challenge which might cause few grey hairs and possibly loss of it. Would you help me and MODX to get this patch working?

There is no extras coded for it yet as priority is obviously get the core working well first.

How to get into team of honourable crash test dummies? Just send me PM through these forums or spam my inbox through email address [email protected] and I'll send you the archive pre-compiled to work with just setup. Am going to setup a new section to my site also, but right now prioritized this over it. Or then do it during my "lunch" break.
      Almost retired from web-development industry but still randomly writing at Lazylegs.info and on schedule hopefully in near future to finish Oracle and PostgreSQL ports of MODX
      • 88 Posts
      Will be updating the version to github later on and post instructions how you can build the working environment from that.

Right now still killing some basic issues with TV's etc... and hopefully would get all those kicking in properly before commit to github
        Almost retired from web-development industry but still randomly writing at Lazylegs.info and on schedule hopefully in near future to finish Oracle and PostgreSQL ports of MODX
        • 88 Posts
        First Alpha version is now available at my GitHub account under revolution and branch pgsql. Also a downloadable version can be found from my site, which requires less compiling due to having transport package set to packages already, but it is also bit chunkier.

Instructions how to use the Git version (Instructions modified from MODX git install, more exact instructions here: http://rtfm.modx.com/display/revolution20/Git+Installation. Just change all the modxcms to lazylegs)

Git clone the revolution repository on GitHub at: http://github.com/modxcms/revolution/ using this syntax:
        Or, if you'd like to contribute back, fork it in your GitHub repository and clone that repository with and add the lazylegs/revolution repository as a remote called "upstream":

After you’ve got the git cloning done, you can switch to branch pgsql with command: git checkout pgsql

After this, almost everything is ready to go. But before actually could do something, you need to build transport packages (done in the downloadable package). This is pretty straight forward operation. Go to _build directory, copy build.config.sample.php to build.config.php and build.sample.properties to build.properties.php. Then edit both files to match your PostgreSQL server details, the properties.php has the postgre details at the bottom. Just change the database and username + password there.

After editing the file, exit the editor and run transport.core.php with browser or with php cli command.

Then you can go to your site setup/ directory and run the install. For charset and collation there is only one option each right now, am looking ways to get full list of options there. Also cause am not hundred percent sure. You might want to check config.core.php files that they point to right directory. I can’t remember if they are automagically generated with the setup; guess they are.

Downloadable archive

With the downloadable archive, you can go directly to setup. You can download the archive through this link: http://lazylegs.info/xpdo-and-modx-development.html

I try to update the downloadable archive on daily basis like with Git where commit pushes can happen more than once per day.

To file a bug report, I would like to have as info as possible. I’ve set the xPDOObject to report the query what causes the error in full. So please check your error log. As most often the errors are just missing quote. Send the error report to my email [email protected]. I try to setup some kind of bug reporting when I got time, but this is taking more time than I can use right now. If you got Git account, you can file a report through https://github.com/lazylegs/revolution/issues

Thank you for all crash test dummies before even testing has begun. [ed. note: lazylegs last edited this post 11 years, 8 months ago.]
          • 1 Posts
          Hello,

Is there any advance on PostgreSQL backend database support?

Thanks in advance
            • 81 Posts
            Hi jonguaresti,

I've taken it on the shoulders at the moment. Am waiting 2.3 development to continue. When the development is in more stable version with new theme, then will relaunch the development. The 2.3 platform changes quite a bit and last time I tried it couple of weeks ago, had huge problems just logging into manager when having php strict mode on. It does work decently otherwise but far from stable especially all the time changing base right now.

I will keep this thread alive when I have more information. But it is coming definitely and there will be "stable" branch when 2.3 is out. Current develop branch can be found from my Git: https://github.com/the-dunnock/revolution/tree/pgsql
              • 1 Posts
              Hi Dunnock,
              I'm willing to try MODx for PgSQL when it's available.
              Please let me know if anything changes an you come out with the product branch for it.

Thank you,
                • 534 Posts
                Is this still in progress? or just working and needs testing?