We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 4 Posts
    Hi,

On a new installation of MODX 2.2.4, the Files tab worked fine for some time, but after adding a couple of non-admin users and logging out, the File browser does not show any file except one "Media" folder. I also added a new media source for images but duplicated the existing Filesystem media source and changing its baseUrl and basePath. This was working well for some time (a few hours). In TinyMCE if I try to insert an image and click the button next to the textbox for typing the path, the Resources Browser opens up in a separate window but is totally empty. This was also working well before. If I click the right-most icon it opens another file browser window which only shows 3-4 files in the root of my MODX installation (index.php, ht.access) etc. but no folders.

I've tried a lot to fix this issue but it has (re)occurred in every fresh installation on two separate servers. I have MODX setup on FreeBSD 8.3 and FreeBSD 9, using nginx 1.2.1 and php-fpm (PHP 5.4.4). MySQL is standard version that ships with FreeBSD ports (mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.1.60). I'm using APC and memcached (problem occurred both with and without memcached).

Any ideas on how to fix/debug this? I have tried the usual clear-cache, flush permissions, empty browser cache etc. but that doesn't work. I've also tried turning off CSS and js compression in MODX system settings to no avail.

The website front-end works fine.
    • Do you have access permissions on your media sources? It might help if you detail your media sources and their access restrictions...
        • 4 Posts
        I duplicated the existing media source that MODX comes pre-setup with, changing only the baseUrl and basePath for the new one. The existing one was not touched at all. I am using MODX with the admin user created as part of the install process. I don't recall any settings being changed for the existing media source or the admin user :-/

As for the file/folder permissions, they're all the same as before (user and group 'www' which nginx and php run as, with 0755 and 0644 permissions for folders and files).
          • 4 Posts
          This thread can be closed as SOLVED.

Turns out that the package "l10ntag" was causing all these problems. I turned on PHP log and saw a lot of l10ntag related errors. Uninstalled the package and the problem (seems to have) gone away.